Best phone for practice

I'm starting a new phone contract and would love your advice. I'm currently on an old Android - which I don't mind at all. But I am an apple person in the rest of life (macbook, ipad, apple tv etc). Majority of people in practice seem to have iphones. One pro is the ease of matching to my computer and ipad. But overall do you suggest an iphone or android for practice?

I'm planning on using apps like epocrates, medscape, etc.

Which phone would you suggest? And any favorite apps?

Thanks a million

Either Android or iPhone works -- whichever one you like or whichever one meets interoperability requirements with other eqt in your practice. On ours, I have an Android and our NP has an iPhone. No issues with either, except she has crummy cellphone coverage (AT&T) versus Verizon here in Columbus.

If you have a clinical companion app your practice uses for mobile devices, try it out on someone else's device first. Micromedex is blazing fast on my iphone, but i switched to android and it laggs terribly. I switched back just because of how much time i spend on the app.

As a staunch blackberry user who had to give up the ghost recently, going through both Apple and Android, Apple is the clear cut winner. EVERYTHING that comes out for medicine comes to iOS first and then android. However, if you are only looking for stuff that already exists, then android is a fine option.

If android, my preference was for the HTC One. What a phone...

G

honestly its personal preference. most of the generic medical apps are available on both platforms. it just comes down to what you want in a device you use everyday. Do you want to be able to customize or do you want the walled in experience of an Iphone.

I'm poor so i bought a Nexus 4 from google and pay 30 bucks a month through tmobile prepaid

Archived