194 replies to this topic

#181 squids

squids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:55 AM

Hi elleaie,
Did you also get a letter in the mail or was it just a phone call from the committee? I'm trying to figure out how one finds out whether they're accepted. Ms. Landel stated accepted students would receive a large envelope so I wasn't sure of that is what I should look out for, or a phone call or email.

Hello- I received a call and then a few days later the envelope in the mail. Hope this helps!

#182 Mar

Mar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:28 AM

Hello- I received a call and then a few days later the envelope in the mail. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your response. It seems you heard back a week and a half or so after your interview. Wow Congrats! I interviewed April 4th so hoping for the best outcome. Thanks again!

#183 Miggy24

Miggy24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

Anyone else interviewing on the 25th?? Any advise from people that have already interviewed?

#184 FuturePADreamer

FuturePADreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Anyone else interviewing on the 25th?? Any advise from people that have already interviewed?

Congrats on the interview. I am still hoping to hear something :(. When did you get your invite? Good luck on your interview!!

#185 Mar

Mar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

Does anyone know if the committee makes a decision right after interviews or do they wait to see where one is based on the interview scores and go from there and decide whether one is on the waitlist? Or do they wait until the last few interviews are over? How soon after the interview, did those accepted or those on the wait list find out they were in or alternates? I've seen some find out in as little as a week and a half.

#186 squids

squids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:30 AM

Does anyone know if the committee makes a decision right after interviews or do they wait to see where one is based on the interview scores and go from there and decide whether one is on the waitlist? Or do they wait until the last few interviews are over? How soon after the interview, did those accepted or those on the wait list find out they were in or alternates? I've seen some find out in as little as a week and a half.

Yes, I interviewed 2/28, received a call 3/10 and the letter in the mail 3/13. I believe the committee meets right after the interview date and makes their decisions right after, not 100% sure though. I know how anxious you must feel! Goodluck!
  • Mar likes this

#187 squids

squids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

I would read what elleaie said in the previous page, sums it all up! Most importantly and I know everyone says this, but really try to relax, be yourself, and remember why you want to be a PA, what a PA is, and why PH is important to you. Other than that, there's no real way of preparing. Everyone is so nice and welcoming, so relax and enjoy! Goodluck!

#188 Miggy24

Miggy24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:08 AM

Congrats on the interview. I am still hoping to hear something :(. When did you get your invite? Good luck on your interview!!

Thank you!! I actually was invited to the 4/4 interview initially but they were kind enough to move my date b/c I was leaving the country the following morning.

Good luck to you! From prior posts it sounds like they may have another interview date next month so hopefully you're on the list!

#189 Miggy24

Miggy24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:12 AM

I would read what elleaie said in the previous page, sums it all up! Most importantly and I know everyone says this, but really try to relax, be yourself, and remember why you want to be a PA, what a PA is, and why PH is important to you. Other than that, there's no real way of preparing. Everyone is so nice and welcoming, so relax and enjoy! Goodluck!

Sounds awesome! Thank you! I'm very excited :)

#190 Miggy24

Miggy24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

It was nice to meet everyone at the interview yesterday! Good luck to all!

#191 Mar

Mar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Has anyone from the 4/4/17 meeting heard back yet? When does the committee make a decision, I thought they met right after each interview? Thanks everyone, any info is appreciated.

#192 SarahHazany

SarahHazany

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM

I interviewed on 4/4/17 and haven't heard back either.

#193 Mar

Mar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:37 PM

I interviewed on 4/4/17 and haven't heard back either.

Hi. I know they were off for about 2 weeks due to Passover so hopefully we will hear something in the next week or two. Good luck!

#194 TUCPA2019

TUCPA2019

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted Today, 12:21 AM

For last year, I was notified via email one week after that I was on the waitlist. I received a call roughly 3 weeks after for a seat and received the letter a week after that call. Hope this helps! The faculty have been very busy this month, so please be patient if you have not heard back yet. It has been a very busy month since we're towards the end of the semester.
  • Mar and mtorr_ca like this

#195 mtorr_ca

mtorr_ca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted Today, 02:22 AM

For last year, I was notified via email one week after that I was on the waitlist. I received a call roughly 3 weeks after for a seat and received the letter a week after that call. Hope this helps! The faculty have been very busy this month, so please be patient if you have not heard back yet. It has been a very busy month since we're towards the end of the semester.

Hey, what place were you at on the waitlist? High, medium or low?
I've heard of people getting in at the medium level, but not sure at the low level? I'm a low alternate..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users