2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone, 

Does anyone know when the March/April interviews will be held? Also, has anyone received a rejection letter yet who didn't interview? Thanks and I look forward to hopefully being a part of the 2020 class!

There are 2 interviews in March and 2 in April. They are held every other week.

I just wanted to remind you guys that the admissions committee is still reviewing applications (including secondaries). I actually did not get my interview invitation until late March, so don't lose hope!!

TUCPA2019 you mentioned that there will be 4 more interviews 2 in March and 2 in April, every other week. Do you know if these are 1st and 3rd week or 2nd and 4th? Also, how long before the interview do they notify you? 

TUCPA2019 you mentioned that there will be 4 more interviews 2 in March and 2 in April, every other week. Do you know if these are 1st and 3rd week or 2nd and 4th? Also, how long before the interview do they notify you?

There is just 1 in March now since there is an interview on 2/28. The other interviews are scheduled for 3/21, 4/4, and 4/25.

I received an invitation 2 weeks before the interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

any interviews tips as to what style it is etc... thanks! 

I personally thought that the interview format for Touro was very different from the other schools I interviewed at. I could tell that they were trying really hard to get to know who the applicant truly was other than listening to a speech the applicant may have prepared days in advance. Best advice I can give is to know what the program is about--it's a MSPAS and a MPH dual-degree program. Know why you want to become a PA and why it would specifically have to be Touro. Be honest and sincere--I practiced answering a lot of questions before the interview but most of those rehearsed answers were tossed out the window and replaced by ones thought up on the spot which I guess, helped show my raw(?) character. Not saying that you shouldn't prepare at all, but prepare by knowing yourself very well and how the you is connected to a PA profession and this particular program. Hope this helps a bit! Good luck! 

I personally thought that the interview format for Touro was very different from the other schools I interviewed at. I could tell that they were trying really hard to get to know who the applicant truly was other than listening to a speech the applicant may have prepared days in advance. Best advice I can give is to know what the program is about--it's a MSPAS and a MPH dual-degree program. Know why you want to become a PA and why it would specifically have to be Touro. Be honest and sincere--I practiced answering a lot of questions before the interview but most of those rehearsed answers were tossed out the window and replaced by ones thought up on the spot which I guess, helped show my raw(?) character. Not saying that you shouldn't prepare at all, but prepare by knowing yourself very well and how the you is connected to a PA profession and this particular program. Hope this helps a bit! Good luck! 

Thank you!! congratulations on being accepted! 

• 4 weeks later...

I have an interview tomorrow, anyone else get less than 5 days notice? Any advice for the interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My #1 advice is to try to relax! Don't let your nerves get the best of you! I'll be helping out with interviews tomorrow, so I hope to meet some of you tomorrow :)

Archived