2016-2017 Application Cycle -- UC Davis

Hi All, I am a first time applicant verified on 6/22/16.  The admissions requirement mentions a statement of purpose, personal history, and research professional history.  Is this the same as the personal narrative submitted along with the CASPA application?  I just need some help clarifying.  Thanks and good luck to everyone applying!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh hi there everyone.  This is Phil, I'm part of the class of 2018.  We just started, two quizzes down, an exam next week, you know no big deal.  Anywho, you'd be amazed to know how many people feel exactly how you all are feeling now.  I've asked our class to come on over here and answer as many questions as possible.  An email has been sent out to the school to find out interview dates so that we can start setting up a meet and greet as well as housing if you need it.  I know you're all looking at a bunch of schools, and that's great, but....this is different.  You want to go here.  Hell, I want to go here and I'm already going here.  I had a running friend (oh right, if you come for interview ask me about the running groups in the area) who is in NP school say, "Oh, so you all are doing like med school level stuff?" when I described our first test.  That's some pretty cool jank right there.

--Phil

Btw, as Phil said, we are working on finding some couches for some of you guys to crash on when you come to interview.

I have two couches and a cuddly Corgi ... they will belong to whoever can cook the best Mexican food.

I expect samples to be put on ice and sent to me over the next few months to determine the winner. =P

Forget your central applications... this is the real competition.

Btw, as Phil said, we are working on finding some couches for some of you guys to crash on when you come to interview.

I have two couches and a cuddly Corgi ... they will belong to whoever can cook the best Mexican food.

I expect samples to be put on ice and sent to me over the next few months to determine the winner. =P

Forget your central applications... this is the real competition.

Oh hi there everyone.  This is Phil, I'm part of the class of 2018.  We just started, two quizzes down, an exam next week, you know no big deal.  Anywho, you'd be amazed to know how many people feel exactly how you all are feeling now.  I've asked our class to come on over here and answer as many questions as possible.  An email has been sent out to the school to find out interview dates so that we can start setting up a meet and greet as well as housing if you need it.  I know you're all looking at a bunch of schools, and that's great, but....this is different.  You want to go here.  Hell, I want to go here and I'm already going here.  I had a running friend (oh right, if you come for interview ask me about the running groups in the area) who is in NP school say, "Oh, so you all are doing like med school level stuff?" when I described our first test.  That's some pretty cool jank right there.

--Phil

lol, i want to interview only so i can hang out with you guys! ^^

Good Sunday morning y'all!

Should I be studying for that pharm exam? Probably.  Instead, I'm here with you.  And watching Good Mythical Morning.  Not sure which is closer to my heart.

Anywho.  I've been in touch with the school of nursing student services about interview dates so we could set something up.  I don't know if I'm supposed to share this, but interviews are tentatively last week of September to the first couple weeks of October, just like last year.  I share this because I know how stressful it can be to come for interviews, especially if you were like me from the East coast.  There have already been several students willing to share their coaches so when I have actual dates I'll start putting together a list to match people up.  Regardless of where you stay, we will be having meet and greets before interview days (NOT endorsed by the School of Nursing, so please don't contact them about these, totally informal) and I'll let you know where and when as the dates come closer.

Ok back to Good Mythical Morning.  I mean Pharm.  Whatever.

--Phil

Good Sunday morning y'all!

Should I be studying for that pharm exam? Probably. Instead, I'm here with you. And watching Good Mythical Morning. Not sure which is closer to my heart.

Anywho. I've been in touch with the school of nursing student services about interview dates so we could set something up. I don't know if I'm supposed to share this, but interviews are tentatively last week of September to the first couple weeks of October, just like last year. I share this because I know how stressful it can be to come for interviews, especially if you were like me from the East coast. There have already been several students willing to share their coaches so when I have actual dates I'll start putting together a list to match people up. Regardless of where you stay, we will be having meet and greets before interview days (NOT endorsed by the School of Nursing, so please don't contact them about these, totally informal) and I'll let you know where and when as the dates come closer.

Ok back to Good Mythical Morning. I mean Pharm. Whatever.

--Phil

Hi Phil,

I have a couple questions after reading last cycle's forum that I hope you can help clarify. Does Davis send out interview invites before supplementals (just thought that was different from most programs and wanted to ask)? Also, does Davis send the supplemental app and wait list applicants that may not have necessarily interviewed? Lastly, do you know how many seats they plan for this next class?

Thank you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thank for checking in with us Phi! Hope Davis is treating you well. Are you involved in any student-run clinics ?! 

I will be going to my first this coming Saturday.  The first week I had tried to attend the gender clinic but the 4th of July holiday caused it to be cancelled.  Looking forward to it; it was one of my deciding factors for coming.

Hi Phil,

I have a couple questions after reading last cycle's forum that I hope you can help clarify. Does Davis send out interview invites before supplementals (just thought that was different from most programs and wanted to ask)? Also, does Davis send the supplemental app and wait list applicants that may not have necessarily interviewed? Lastly, do you know how many seats they plan for this next class?

Thank you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yes, they did the interviews then if I remember correctly the supplemental was sent out after the conclusion of interviews.  Last year they did send out the supplemental to applicants who had not interviewed, though I can't recall anyone saying they did not interview but was accepted.  I know they told us how many during our leadership week but I cannot remember off the top of my head.  I do know we have 83 students and they're looking to continue to increase that now that they'll have the new building.

Archived