Which GRE set looks more favorable? Please help me out.

Hello!!

I was wondering if you could help me. I took my GRE twice

the scores are as followed:

01/19/2013

Qual : 155 65%

Quan: 145 23%

Writing: 3.5 30%

03/24/2013

Qual : 150 55%

Quan: 150 45%

Writing: 3.5 30%

Both tests have a combined score of 300, which i understand is a decent score. However, which of the stats should I sent to the schools considering the Qual in attempt 1 is a lot better than the one in attempt 2? Which set of scores "looks better"?

It's my understanding ETS (the company who sends your scores) only gives you the option of sending the most recent set of scores or all of your scores. With that being said, I wouldn't get too hung up on GRE scores. For most programs, they're considered but a small portion of your overall application. Additionally, most programs like to see a combined score of 300+. Both of your scores satisfy that ideal cutoff point. With that being said, if it were my application I would send the 3/24 score set because of your near median score for both the qualitative and quantitative sections.

second set IMO. they are not great scores but they are good enough for most schools, but then again i do not know where you are applying. i suggest finding out what the average gre scores are for the programs you would like to get into. but if i were you i would not take it a third time.

thankyou everyone for the responses! A recruiter saw my message and she PMed, and I thought to share her message just in case someone else is in the same predicament:

she said:

If you're able to submit both I would do so. I personally think the second set of scores look better because of your percentile rankings are consistent. Our program takes the highest score out of each category, but that differs from program to program. Your scores otherwise look like the average scores most people apply with. Thanks!

Archived