Rick, what's the answer following your posting the link? I'm assuming that one shouldn't apply? I can remember PA's creating positions for themselves years ago, when things weren't as disadvantageous as they are today apparently, for NP posted positions.

Rick, what's the answer following your posting the link? I'm assuming that one shouldn't apply? I can remember PA's creating positions for themselves years ago, when things weren't as disadvantageous as they are today apparently, for NP posted positions.

2 of my current 3 jobs I got by cold calling and suggesting that these(rural) facilities needed a PA even though they did not even have a job posted for one at the time. at one of these I am the first PA they have ever had, at the other I am one of 4 in the group and they hire about once/decade. I convinced them they needed a deeper on call pool because they sometimes have problems covering shifts...

2 of my current 3 jobs I got by cold calling and suggesting that these(rural) facilities needed a PA even though they did not even have a job posted for one at the time. at one of these I am the first PA they have ever had, at the other I am one of 4 in the group and they hire about once/decade. I convinced them they needed a deeper on call pool because they sometimes have problems covering shifts...

never, ever hurts to send the resume, express your interest in the job, and point out your qualifications

I would recommend calling the hiring party first and convincing them over the phone they need to look at a PA and why. It's too easy for an HR person to round file a PA CV if the "job description" calls for an NP...once you have them on the phone, tell them why your quals make you a good candidate, then offer to send them your CV in advance of an in person interview...they almost can't say no at that point

never, ever hurts to send the resume, express your interest in the job, and point out your qualifications

I would recommend calling the hiring party first and convincing them over the phone they need to look at a PA and why. It's too easy for an HR person to round file a PA CV if the "job description" calls for an NP...once you have them on the phone, tell them why your quals make you a good candidate, then offer to send them your CV in advance of an in person interview...they almost can't say no at that point

Archived