When do i apply? (caspa 2013-2014)

My situation is that I graduate in May 2013 and I would like to include my transcript at that time that reflects a solid semester of A's (that I need to show). Since CASPA opens on April 17th this year, and most schools begin accepting applications at that time, should I wait until I can include my final transcript? Lets say I have everything ready to send May 17th. Would this put me behind a large number of applicants? It was my understanding that last year CASPA opened around April 17th, but the early you could actually submit your application to most schools was June 1st. Is this cycle completely different from last years?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I was wondering the same thing myself: I was going to submit right after my GRE is complete, mid to late June with a decent but not stratospheric GPA. Do you guys think I should submit before the GRE comes in just to increase my chances of interviewing, or is it better to wait for the GRE scores?

I, too, have all of my letters lined up, my transcript requests locked and loaded...everything is set except for that GRE. :)

I was wondering the same thing myself: I was going to submit right after my GRE is complete, mid to late June with a decent but not stratospheric GPA. Do you guys think I should submit before the GRE comes in just to increase my chances of interviewing, or is it better to wait for the GRE scores?

I, too, have all of my letters lined up, my transcript requests locked and loaded...everything is set except for that GRE. :)

Don't wait for your gre scores. Caspa does not ask for that. You are responsible for sending your scores to each program.

I'd double check that with some schools though. On Cornell's page they state that if your scores aren't included in caspa as well as sent to them, then your application is incomplete. Haven't seen that on other schools' sites, so it might not matter for you. Im just throwing that out there!

I have a similar question. I'm planning on retaking physiology this summer. I took it in 2007 and got a C+ for the class and a B- for the the lab. I was hoping to submit my application after I get my summer grade for physiology but that might not be until August. Is that too late if I want to be a competitive applicant for entry fall 2014? Appreciate your insight - thanks!

I'd double check that with some schools though. On Cornell's page they state that if your scores aren't included in caspa as well as sent to them, then your application is incomplete.

^THIS. There are PA programs, including Cornell, who will flat our reject your application if you don't put your GRE scores on the CASPA app (even though CASPA doesn't require it). Check with your programs, then make the call to wait or not for the GRE.

I have a similar question. I'm planning on retaking physiology this summer. I took it in 2007 and got a C+ for the class and a B- for the the lab. I was hoping to submit my application after I get my summer grade for physiology but that might not be until August. Is that too late if I want to be a competitive applicant for entry fall 2014? Appreciate your insight - thanks!

I'm just another applicant, so I don't have the most authoritative opinion, but from what I've heard other people say / do, August is still early enough to be a competitive applicant, especially depending on where you stand with other things.

CASPAGoddess08, thank you for your feedback!!! I checked with my schools, and they said that submitting without the GRE score would not hinder my application, which is GREAT news. Thanks again! :)

Archived