Ever considered dental school?

I looked into dental school and I also think being a dentist would be a great career. I don't quite have all the pre-requisites though, and I'm not sure I could get in. If anyone knows, I'd be interested in finding out whether dental school cares about HCE and life experiences the way PA school does. Or it dental school all about GPA and test scores like med school?

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-suicidal-occupations-2011-10#3-dentists-are-167-times-more-likely-to-commit-suicide-17

I have always heard that Dentists have a habit of killing themselves. I had to google it, turns out they are number 3 on this particular list. Guess who was #2? Doctors

That being said..the list seemed to be a bit varied...I didn't get the vibe it's a well done study but I don't know enough about stats to parse that out.

I have always heard that Dentists have a habit of killing themselves. I had to google it, turns out they are number 3 on this particular list. Guess who was #2? Doctors

I heard dentists are depressed because most everyone hates going to see them.

Doctors and dentists, hmm...not too surprised as they're smart people with access to supplies to get the job done. Probably much less likely than the general population to have a failed SA.

Archived