GRE question

Hi everyone, I am try to decide if i want to spend the extra money to retake the GRE. I received a 151 on verbal and 152 on quantitative. 4 on the writing.

I have a 3.62 cGPA, and 3.5 sGPA, and around 420 hours as an in-home care provider. I will be graduating with a BS in Kinesiology this May.

Please let me know what you think! Thanks :)

Hi everyone, I am try to decide if i want to spend the extra money to retake the GRE. I received a 151 on verbal and 152 on quantitative. 4 on the writing.

I have a 3.62 cGPA, and 3.5 sGPA, and around 420 hours as an in-home care provider. I will be graduating with a BS in Kinesiology this May.

Please let me know what you think! Thanks :)

I wouldn't retake. The cutoff for many programs is 300 total, and you scored a 303. Most programs do not place a HUGE emphasis on the GRE, though some do more than others. If you are really worried about it you could always contact the schools that you are interested in and ask about what a competitive score would be. I would focus more on getting HCE than on the GRE.

I wouldn't retake. The cutoff for many programs is 300 total, and you scored a 303. Most programs do not place a HUGE emphasis on the GRE, though some do more than others. If you are really worried about it you could always contact the schools that you are interested in and ask about what a competitive score would be. I would focus more on getting HCE than on the GRE.

Another reason not to take it: some programs prefer that you only take it once. While they allow a re-take, they sometimes frown upon it. The program I really want to get into, the advisor told me to take the GRE once and do the best I possibly can on it. They said only take it a 2nd time if the score isn't good. They also said a 3rd time is definitely a no-no.

Another reason not to take it: some programs prefer that you only take it once. While they allow a re-take, they sometimes frown upon it. The program I really want to get into, the advisor told me to take the GRE once and do the best I possibly can on it. They said only take it a 2nd time if the score isn't good. They also said a 3rd time is definitely a no-no.

Archived