2012 advance pa/np salary survey

2012 NP & PA Salary Survey Results

In 2012, the average physician assistant working full time earned a salary of $102,165 and the average nurse practitioner working full time earned $93,032 (Table 1).

For PAs, this change marks a $7,295 increase over 2011 average wages of $94,870. NPs also saw an increase in 2012, earning $2,449 more than the 2011 average full-time salary of $90,583.

Although both professions experienced an increase in salary, PAs continued to outearn NPs in 2012, with a difference of $9,133 for full-time practice. In 2011, this difference was $4,287.

-from advance for pa's & np's

More males who specialize in surgical subspecialties and EM. Definitely more males in the PA population

Very interesting. What do you think accounts for such a huge jump in average salary? I know it has to do with PAs dominating the higher paying specialties, but that seems like an awfully drastic increase.

Very interesting. What do you think accounts for such a huge jump in average salary? I know it has to do with PAs dominating the higher paying specialties, but that seems like an awfully drastic increase.

It might be a small sample size. I took the survey and have a relatively higher salary than most PAs in family medicine. Maybe all us outliers took the survey!

Archived