I have ran into a road block in North Carolina.

Hello,

I live in the Raleigh area. I have contacted Physician Assistants personally and have also contacted the surrounding Physician Assistant schools. Each response has basically been the same. Either the Physician Assistant has already promised others that they could shadow or they only provide shadowing experiences to people already in a Physician Assistant program.

The university I am attending does not have a pre-health program so they're not sure how to help me.

Please, if anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. If there is a Physician Assistant reading this that is available in the Raleigh, NC area, I would be forever grateful if you would allow me to shadow you.

Thank you for reading.

Hi TuesdayMorning! I live in Greenville, NC, and I know it is a bit of a drive, but I shadowed a really awesome PA in Greene County. She is essentially the primary provider at a rural family practice and in the summer (I'm not sure about now), she does outreach with migrant Hispanic workers by going out to the different farms. It was a fantastic experience for me and she was super nice! If you go to pashadowonline.com (you do have to register, but I have never been spammed by them), she is the only PA that is listed for Greenville. I hope this helps! Let me know if you do try to get up with her and have any problems, I could try to get you an alternate contact method. Good luck!

Hello,

I live in the Raleigh area. I have contacted Physician Assistants personally and have also contacted the surrounding Physician Assistant schools. Each response has basically been the same. Either the Physician Assistant has already promised others that they could shadow or they only provide shadowing experiences to people already in a Physician Assistant program.

The university I am attending does not have a pre-health program so they're not sure how to help me.

Please, if anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. If there is a Physician Assistant reading this that is available in the Raleigh, NC area, I would be forever grateful if you would allow me to shadow you.

Thank you for reading.

Do they have an English program? :;;D:

UGH! Tell me about it! I live in RTP and can't throw a rock without hitting a clinic, but do you think they would allow somebody to shadow for a day? Nope! I talked to a PA that I met in Raleigh and he said a ton of the clinics in the area ONLY allow students from the area schools to shadow because there is some kind of monetary reimbursement that the clinic can receive. It sucks trying to compete with the med students doing their rotations and what-not but stay strong! If I find a willing clinic I would be happy to share the contact with you. Happy hunting!

• 2 months later...

I live Nashville, TN, and a lot of the healthcare is dominated by Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt has some CYA policies, and they refused to let me shadow. However, there is a small regional hospital about an hour south of Nashville where I shadowed an excellent cardiology PA. I know that Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area is dominated by Duke, UNC, Rex, and WakeMed and there are more healthcare graduate programs there than most places. Did you try contacting smaller private practices or hospitals 30-60 minutes out of town?

Archived