Dismissed from PA school and reapplying

I was dismissed from my program because i failed an eor and its makeup causing my gpa to go too low. i want to reapply and was wondering if i have to mention in my application that i was dismissed from another program. can they find out if i don’t tell them?

3 hours ago, linycpa said:

I was dismissed from my program because i failed an eor and its makeup causing my gpa to go too low. i want to reapply and was wondering if i have to mention in my application that i was dismissed from another program. can they find out if i don’t tell them?

You're reapplying to PA school after academic dismissal, but you want to withhold that you were dismissed? This is a question of ethics/integrity, and you should probably reevaluate the rationale behind why you want to enter the medical profession.

I'm not in academia, but FWIW I don't see your application going anywhere. Per you own words (paraphrased): "Failed EOR + failed makeup EOR + GPA too low." It's most likely time to seek another career.

4 hours ago, linycpa said:

I was dismissed from my program ...

was wondering if i have to mention in my application that i was dismissed from another program. can they find out if i don’t tell them?

Yikes. Not a good look asking this question like that. Imagine omitting said information and you get admitted. They find out 4 semesters in and they dismiss you for omitting said information. Now you're in the hole with a massive amount of debt.

• Administrator

Once you've failed out of a PA program, your options are pretty much 1) Convince the PA program that kicked you out to give you another chance, 2) go to NP school, or 3) go to Caribbean medical school. The latter two will have SOME schools (not all, mind you, but some) who will factor your financial ability to pay them very heavily into your acceptance decision. I know of no one who has failed out of a PA program who has ever gotten admitted to another. Not saying it can't happen, but I'd think we would have heard about it here if it was a thing that really happens.

• Like 1

The chances of schools finding out that you attended another PA program previously are extremely high for the simple reason that you can’t go through PA school without financial aid. Schools can and will see your financial aid transcript once you apply for aid through them.

Have you made any improvements? Maybe either pursue another career or seek obtaining a graduate degree with very good grades and something you can use to back yourself up when you say that you have made improvements.

Chances are that having failed PA school puts you in a sort of blacklist. Why would they even consider you if you have nothing to show that you’ve worked on making sure you have what it takes? If you have taken steps to show you have what it takes, then why the need to hide your past?

On 1/11/2024 at 1:23 PM, linycpa said:

You pretty much need to get the school that kicked you out to somehow give you another chance and that's probably a long shot. I feel for you having gone through so much just to get where you are but, if the school won't let you back, it's time to replan your future. As far as hiding something, things hidden usually resurface at the worst possible time.

Best wishes.

Yes, there is a specific section on CASPA asking you whether you were previously enrolled in any professional program (MD, DO, PA etc). Failing to disclose this is fraud. You can almost guarantee a program would find out if you made the poor decision to falsify this question. 

On 1/14/2024 at 4:25 PM, 68WEMTto65DPAC said:

The chances of schools finding out that you attended another PA program previously are extremely high for the simple reason that you can’t go through PA school without financial aid.

You can pay cash for the program...😂

• Haha 2