EMS BINGO

3 hours ago, JenGintheED said:

I’ve seen plenty of rectal FBs in the ED, but I never ran a call for a rectal FB. What’s that story? Must be good to make it to the bingo board 😆

Intoxicated. used a long Phillips head screwdriver in the hot tub, sharp end in. Repetitively. Then could not remove it.  Bled like stink. Still in hot tub when we arrived. water looked like kool aid. Almost bled to death. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I got to fly with CareFlight in Dallas eons ago. As a ride along.

Standard transport cardiac to higher level of care and transfer renal to dialysis center.

Then called to tiny suburb for major accident. 

Old Smokey and the Bandit style Trans Am. Broken telephone pole. Starburst to windshield, bent steering wheel. 

Dude is laughing in the back of the box. I had to take his statement.

CC: I am just drunk.

We woke up a whole little town and I saw a bunch of seriously ugly pajamas and robes and we landed next to a church to get this guy.

Managed not to bust anything. Drunks get away with a ton. 

I think I won the blood alcohol pot. I put in my quarter for .325 to .350.

Not sure what happened when he found out about the (cost back then) $7500 helicopter bill that he will never remember.

Choppers are too small for that much alcohol smell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

Not sure what happened when he found out about the (cost back then) $7500 helicopter bill that he will never remember.

and this is why I have medevac insurance. $75 for 2 years covers my whole family with reciprocity to every other flight service in the country. And a cool sticker on my car. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

Intoxicated. used a long Phillips head screwdriver in the hot tub, sharp end in. Repetitively. Then could not remove it.  Bled like stink. Still in hot tub when we arrived. water looked like kool aid. Almost bled to death. 

I have learned over the years to stop asking, "Why?" But man, why?! So many questions... Truth or dare gone wrong? Were they trying to kill themselves? Did they have a friend call for help or did they call on their own (I'm assuming this was ages ago before people had phones attached to their hands)? 

6 hours ago, SedRate said:

I have learned over the years to stop asking, "Why?" But man, why?! So many questions... Truth or dare gone wrong? Were they trying to kill themselves? Did they have a friend call for help or did they call on their own (I'm assuming this was ages ago before people had phones attached to their hands)? 

1993. Sex thing. Wife called when she found him in the blood soup in the hot tub.