2023-2024 Application cycle

I just received an email that says “we are writing to inform you that you application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee on Friday 8/19. Shortly after that meeting you will be updated on the status of your application.” Did anyone else get that email?? College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. 

1 hour ago, JLM94 said:

I just received an email that says “we are writing to inform you that you application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee on Friday 8/19. Shortly after that meeting you will be updated on the status of your application.” Did anyone else get that email?? College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. 

I got the same email!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PathToPA1109 said:

I got the email as well. Do you guys think that means we will hear back Friday or more likely next week?

Depending on how many people received that email I'm thinking possibly early next week. Do you think that it means we made it to the next round? I know some people already have interviews so maybe we are the second round

18 minutes ago, JLM94 said:

Depending on how many people received that email I'm thinking possibly early next week. Do you think that it means we made it to the next round? I know some people already have interviews so maybe we are the second round

It seems like it’s not a rejection but also not an invitation. The subject line says “vote” so seems like whoever got the email, those applications will be reviewed and voted on who gets an interview. 

22 hours ago, PathToPA1109 said:

It seems like it’s not a rejection but also not an invitation. The subject line says “vote” so seems like whoever got the email, those applications will be reviewed and voted on who gets an interview. 

Does anybody know if everyone gets this kind of e-mail? Or is it just a selected few? Just curious...

5 hours ago, Swiftie13 said:

I received one that said I did not meet the minimum requirements and if I should rectify that then to apply next year. 

I also received this email and a secondary "denial" email within a few minutes of each other. I'm pretty confused by it because I've got all posted requirements met and then some, so I'm emailing about it. 

7 hours ago, jcdavis3 said:

I also received this email and a secondary "denial" email within a few minutes of each other. I'm pretty confused by it because I've got all posted requirements met and then some, so I'm emailing about it. 

i received both of these as well. i also wondered why it said i didnt meet requirements when i have everything. let me know if they respond to you. i didn’t know if i should ask about it or wait until the feedback appointments in october

On 8/19/2023 at 6:26 AM, JLM94 said:

i received both of these as well. i also wondered why it said i didnt meet requirements when i have everything. let me know if they respond to you. i didn’t know if i should ask about it or wait until the feedback appointments in october

Requirement email was sent by accident on their end. Denial was the addendum email. I got into a few other programs but tbh I don't know if I'd really want to go to a program that accidentally sends an email to prospective students like that. 

1 hour ago, jcdavis3 said:

Requirement email was sent by accident on their end. Denial was the addendum email. I got into a few other programs but tbh I don't know if I'd really want to go to a program that accidentally sends an email to prospective students like that. 

while that’s fair as it is alarming, mistakes happen all the time. I wouldn’t necessarily base whether or not a program is good just because of a mistake 

16 hours ago, futureobgynpa13 said:

while that’s fair as it is alarming, mistakes happen all the time. I wouldn’t necessarily base whether or not a program is good just because of a mistake 

I would agree if they had sent out a corrective email explaining the accident to applicants. The lack of care in owning up to a mistake and providing information is telling to me. Their program may be excellent, but showing value in their prospective students is extremely important and a criteria in picking which program I will be formally accepting a seat into in the ones I've been accepted to. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 7:14 PM, jcdavis3 said:

They said the same to me. I emailed just because I didn’t want to be missing something for my other applications. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...