2023-2024 University of Pittsburgh (Hybrid)

30 minutes ago, PrePAGal707 said:

yay congrats future PA 🙂 ! any tips for me in preparing for interview? what was it like?

The interview was very low stress and I enjoyed every part of it. They definitely want to make sure you are not stressed throughout the interview. It was one on one with a faculty member, group interview and short essay at the end. The best advice I have is to breath and really think through your answers. I had an interview for the on-campus as well and did not do this! 

• Like 1

I'm late to apply but spoke with admissions who told me that as long as my application through CASPA is complete by today I will be considered. Each section is complete, the only item outstanding is my BLS cert but I have a couple questions...

1) Would it be to my advantage to submit my app today to ensure it gets verified and then send them my BLS when I get the certification OR should I wait to submit until I am able to upload it to CASPA for verification purposes? The way the admissions counselor made it sound, was that it was okay to hold off but now I'm second guessing

2) Where did you all upload your BLS cert? Just in the additional documents section? Or was there a specific place for it that I'm missing. 

TYIA!!

59 minutes ago, TK0428 said:

I'm late to apply but spoke with admissions who told me that as long as my application through CASPA is complete by today I will be considered. Each section is complete, the only item outstanding is my BLS cert but I have a couple questions...

1) Would it be to my advantage to submit my app today to ensure it gets verified and then send them my BLS when I get the certification OR should I wait to submit until I am able to upload it to CASPA for verification purposes? The way the admissions counselor made it sound, was that it was okay to hold off but now I'm second guessing

2) Where did you all upload your BLS cert? Just in the additional documents section? Or was there a specific place for it that I'm missing. 

TYIA!!

@TK0428 I didn’t have to upload my BLS cert. Did they ask for a copy?

On average it takes a few days for your app to get verified, so as long as it’s verified by their deadline, which I believe is 11/01 then your app should be able to be considered. The sooner it gets verified the better.

Edited by Eyeofthetiger

1 hour ago, TK0428 said:

TYIA!!

You don’t need to submit BLS unless you get accepted into the program and they’ll tell you when you’ll need it in by. Definitely apply if your interested in the program the admissions office is really understanding thus far 

49 minutes ago, Prepap100 said:

For those who were accepted do you have any concern with there not being a graduating class and or knowing the PANCE pass rates?

Honestly, I'm not worried at all. A lot of the faculty came from the in-person program and that seems to be doing well. Pitt being a pretty well-known research university wouldn't want their reputation to be mocked with low standards. Everyone that I've interacted with seem great and want to do everything possible to help each student. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, prePAgirl12 said:

Hi all! For those who interviewed do you have any insight on the process? Is it closed book? I interview November 17th. 

I’m not sure if we’re allowed to disclose details of the interview, it’s group individual and written but it’s not as intimidating as it sounds they just want to get to you know you and how well you’ll be able to handle the rigorous program. If it’s your first interview practice so you sound confident to interview well. You got this 

• Thanks 1