2023-2024 University of Pittsburgh (Hybrid)

Hi everyone! I know this waiting game is so hard on my own confidence, mental and physical health. I have been using this waiting time to continue gaining PCE, volunteering hours, and shadowing hours, but also to build my confidence, mental, and physical health with support. Today I feel more assured in what I have to offer the PA profession and more. I am running a group this month with my PA mentor to help pre-PAs like us make it through this difficult time, but also build tools that will help us feel more confident going into our interviews, getting that acceptance, and succeeding in PA school. DM me on Instagram (gwen_ash51612) if you’d like to join me! Wishing everyone best of luck this cycle!!! 

Edited by GAB16

18 hours ago, prepastudentokay said:

congrats!! 🎊 What were your stats ? 

I’m a low gpa candidate but my stats were a 3.3 overall 3.1 science, slightly more than 5k in PCE hours, roughly 2k in research, close to 50 hours in shadowing and like 30 hours in volunteering I prioritized my time when not in school by working and gaining hours in PCE 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 5:38 AM, Lisa1 said:

I’m a low gpa candidate but my stats were a 3.3 overall 3.1 science, slightly more than 5k in PCE hours, roughly 2k in research, close to 50 hours in shadowing and like 30 hours in volunteering I prioritized my time when not in school by working and gaining hours in PCE 

okay thank you! I am also on the lower side 3.4 for overall and science so this gives me hope!! btw did u ado get a text from Mckensi to go over the program ? If so did you sign up for a session ?

7 hours ago, prepastudentokay said:

okay thank you! I am also on the lower side 3.4 for overall and science so this gives me hope!! btw did u ado get a text from Mckensi to go over the program ? If so did you sign up for a session ?

I did get a text from her but I emailed her to let her know that I couldn’t make a call because of work schedule so she emailed me back right away and sent me links to the site that explains the program she said it’s similar to the phone call and to contact her if there’s any questions. I would say do the phone call and ask questions you may have it doesn’t effect your chances of admission I don’t think 

10 hours ago, Lisa1 said:

I did get a text from her but I emailed her to let her know that I couldn’t make a call because of work schedule so she emailed me back right away and sent me links to the site that explains the program she said it’s similar to the phone call and to contact her if there’s any questions. I would say do the phone call and ask questions you may have it doesn’t effect your chances of admission I don’t think 

Okk, one last question what were ur DPC hours from? Sorry for all the questions haha, thank youu!

14 hours ago, prepastudentokay said:

Okk, one last question what were ur DPC hours from? Sorry for all the questions haha, thank youu!

My hours were from a dermatology medical assistant where I assisted in scribing, injections, procedures and worked with basal cell/squamous cell and melanoma patients directly, and my current role now as a diagnostic medical sonographer in a multi specialty clinic so I’m diagnosing and scanning up to 25 patients a day for 8-10 hour shifts and I work with a team of PAs, MDs and a couple radiologist. I’m way over 5k now when I submitted I think it was slightly more than 5k 

15 minutes ago, Marisa99 said:

Me too! So excited to be apart of this great program 🙂 keep an eye on your emails friends! 

Congratulations to those who got accepted! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm interviewing in less than a month and just very nervous as this is my first interview and I really want to go here, if you have any advice at all I will appreciate it! Thank you!!!!

2 minutes ago, Lisa1 said:

Congratulations to those who got accepted! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm interviewing in less than a month and just very nervous as this is my first interview and I really want to go here, if you have any advice at all I will appreciate it! Thank you!!!!

I would just say be yourself. The environment they create is so welcoming and they truly just want to see your personality shine! Listen to everyone and be supportive and positive no matter what and you will do great 🙂 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Marisa99 said:

I would just say be yourself. The environment they create is so welcoming and they truly just want to see your personality shine! Listen to everyone and be supportive and positive no matter what and you will do great 🙂 

Thank you, this definitely helped to ease my nerves! 

38 minutes ago, Marisa99 said:

Yes exactly this. This was the most laid back interview ive done. The process was great.

• Like 1