UNTHSC 2023-2024 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, kyndle said:

Regarding how it went for me personally, I feel pretty good overall! I’m optimistic! I felt that they used the MMI format very well and truly allowed applicants to showcase themselves in a variety of ways.

Regarding the program, I’m extremely pleased and impressed with the faculty and the environment they’ve cultivated. Interview day here made the HSC my top choice!!! I loved it and loved everyone I met. Excited to hear back.

Yes it seems like a really good school! I hope you get in! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, txpas said:

Current PA student at UNTHSC, feel free to ask any questions about the program!

Congrats to all those who have been accepted & good luck to those who have interviewed and are awaiting a response!!

Hey txpas! Thanks for popping into the forum to help us out. I was wondering if u know any classmates who got accepted despite having 2 Cs (specifically in pre-reqs, bc I know a C here or there in regular classes isn't as bad of a red flag). My application is quite filled with everything else I need (7k PCE, good PS, good LORs, leadership, research, etc) but still got rejected. Im assuming its bc of these two prereq Cs which makes them think I can't handle a PA program (context: GPA is 3.6). I have yet to hear of someone who got accepted in a competitive Texas program with multiple Cs in prerequisites. Do u know of any? I'm retaking those classes to get As in them but figured I'll get ur opinion out of curiosity 😁

On 11/5/2023 at 9:18 AM, txpas said:

Current PA student at UNTHSC, feel free to ask any questions about the program!

Congrats to all those who have been accepted & good luck to those who have interviewed and are awaiting a response!!

Do you know if most PAs from UNT end up being primary care or specialty? Is there a popular specialty?

3 hours ago, NotSaika said:

Do you know if most PAs from UNT end up being primary care or specialty? Is there a popular specialty?

From what I have seen and heard, it is a bit of a mix!!! A lot of individuals go into specialities including surgical sub specialties. We truly are well rounded and they prepare us for all areas on work. I hope that helps, if not message back!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, prepalove said:

accepted from the 11/3 interview!

Congrats!! That is awesome! How did you feel about the interview? I have heard really negative things about it and I'm wondering if that is just a small portion of the population who's experienced it. I have one coming up next month!

Edited by AllieS

1 hour ago, AllieS said:

Congrats!! That is awesome! How did you feel about the interview? I have heard really negative things about it and I'm wondering if that is just a small portion of the population who's experienced it. I have one coming up next month!

Honestly, I came out of it feeling like I didn't do too well. It wasn't as personal as the other interviews I have had in the past. But overall, it's such an amazing program and you can tell how much they put into it. Hope this helped!

10 minutes ago, MontanaTXPA said:

Hi guys! Does anyone know if there is a way to determine where you fall or what position you are  on the waitlist? Waitlisted after the 11/3 interview!

Thanks!

From what I remember, they told us that they don't give out that info. I'm on the waitlist from the 11/3 interview as well 😞