UNTHSC 2023-2024 Application Cycle

On 8/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, 713pa said:

I just got an email about 2 incomplete pre-reqs. I have already completed them, but after I submitted. I sent the new transcript to both CASPA and UNTHSC a while back. CASPA will not be re-verifying them. I also already put in my grades in CASPA. I’ve sent them an update email in the past with no response. Anyone know how to tackle this? 

Did you make sure to put that you had those classes pending in CASPA? If so you can update them through there. If you emailed them I don't see why they couldn't update it, but this is on their web page: "Applicants may use CASPA’s academic update feature to report grades that have been earned since submitting their application.  No academic or health care updates should be sent to the school". 

Edited by ChPA2828

25 minutes ago, Chrisss said:

Did you make sure to put that you had those classes pending in CASPA? If so you can update them through there. This is from their webpage. If you emailed them I don't see why they couldn't update it, but this is on their web page: "Applicants may use CASPA’s academic update feature to report grades that have been earned since submitting their application.  No academic or health care updates should be sent to the school". 

Yes I did put them as pending/in progress and have updated them since. Kind of confusing lol.

Are they this confusing every year? Verified 05/26 and haven’t heard a single thing other than the mistake email on 08/02 and the correction on 08/03. I’ve applied to 17 schools and this is the only one that has made 0 sense lol. I still don’t understand how people have had their application reviewed before mine if it’s rolling admissions…

• Like 1

This is my 1st time applying so I have no idea what the typical process looks like. I agree though, if it is rolling admissions then if the application is 100% complete that person should go before the next applicant. It looks like they had an issue with the program itself, maybe not CASPA but on their end, hence the mistake emails. Maybe this caused an out of order application issue?? Who knows. 

Actually, for rolling admissions, applications are reviewed in order but does that mean they give interviews in order or do you think they hold onto some for later and take what they like best, first?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlexPREPA said:

Actually, for rolling admissions, applications are reviewed in order but does that mean they give interviews in order or do you think they hold onto some for later and take what they like best, first?

I think they pick their favorites to go first, no matter what. Generally speaking, no news is good news.

On 8/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, 713pa said:

I just got an email about 2 incomplete pre-reqs. I have already completed them, but after I submitted. I sent the new transcript to both CASPA and UNTHSC a while back. CASPA will not be re-verifying them. I also already put in my grades in CASPA. I’ve sent them an update email in the past with no response. Anyone know how to tackle this? 

I learned this the hard way from UTSW. If you submit your CASPA before the classes are complete they are considered pending. This got my application denied at UTSW. Since UNTHSC only allows 1 outstanding prereq your application will likely not be considered for interview. 

1 hour ago, MedictoPA85 said:

I learned this the hard way from UTSW. If you submit your CASPA before the classes are complete they are considered pending. This got my application denied at UTSW. Since UNTHSC only allows 1 outstanding prereq your application will likely not be considered for interview. 

I actually received a couple of emails this week that stated “this particular checklist item will not hinder your application from being reviewed” and a couple of days later my portal was updated to reflect that my pre-reqs are complete. It took them a while to reply, but it finally got taken care of! 

15 minutes ago, 713pa said:

I actually received a couple of emails this week that stated “this particular checklist item will not hinder your application from being reviewed” and a couple of days later my portal was updated to reflect that my pre-reqs are complete. It took them a while to reply, but it finally got taken care of! 

That's good, UTSW was not so gracious. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I got an interview invite email today at around noon. I am so stoked because this is my first invitation for an interview!! Signed up for October 9th, that was actually the only date I saw but I’m sure that there are opening interview dates afterwards that will be offered to the next rounds of people they invite.

Good luck to all, please do not be discouraged. The wait is dreadful and anxiety-provoking but no news does not already mean bad news!

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, CharmanUltraSoftie said:

Hi all, I got an interview invite email today at around noon. I am so stoked because this is my first invitation for an interview!! Signed up for October 9th, that was actually the only date I saw but I’m sure that there are opening interview dates afterwards that will be offered to the next rounds of people they invite.

Good luck to all, please do not be discouraged. The wait is dreadful and anxiety-provoking but no news does not already mean bad news!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you applied?

• Upvote 1