UNTHSC 2023-2024 Application Cycle

On 11/14/2023 at 5:35 PM, Kc0715 said:

@txpas @futureEMPAC do either of you know how the waitlist works? were any students from you class previously on the waitlist, and when did they find out? I’m on the waitlist but don’t want to get my hopes up 😬 

There were several in our class off waitlist. Some didn't find out until a week prior to class 

Has anyone who applied mid-August heard any news? I actually have a previous Master's degree from this university and have not heard anything back from them yet besides "application complete".. wondering if there are more interview dates happening or any other insight/anyone else in this situation that may be of help to me. Thanks!

Edited by cheeringk

11 hours ago, cheeringk said:

Has anyone who applied mid-August heard any news? I actually have a previous Master's degree from this university and have not heard anything back from them yet besides "application complete".. wondering if there are more interview dates happening or any other insight/anyone else in this situation that may be of help to me. Thanks!

Applied in mid June and in the same boat, last interview date is December 4th.

On 11/14/2023 at 5:35 PM, Kc0715 said:

@txpas @futureEMPAC do either of you know how the waitlist works? were any students from you class previously on the waitlist, and when did they find out? I’m on the waitlist but don’t want to get my hopes up 😬 

Yes, several people in my class off the waitlist as well (current 2nd year). One left after day 1 of orientation so the next person on the waitlist got in and started day 2 of orientation with us!! Don't lose hope!!!

Edited by txpas

Hi guys!!! I’m a current first year at UNTHSC. Don’t lose hope! Last year, I got off the waitlist from the October interview in January. I think that’s when they start sending out acceptances from the waitlist. January and on. It’s a very big mix of who interviewed when in my class. It seems pretty even across the board from each interview and from waitlist as well. We have people who were accepted off the waitlist the week before class. When I was interviewing, I was scared as well and felt like the MMI was different / impersonal. But if it’s any reassurance to you, the faculty here and its students are extremely friendly and intelligent. I feel confident that I will be well prepared and that my education is strong. We have some of the best of the best, and I urge you to remind yourself that the reason they do MMI is to see all of the qualities that you possess in a real and authentic way. They are choosing you to be our future colleagues, and in that regard, that is why the interview is professional and even a little scary. Best of luck to you all!!! 

Edited by FuturePA1811
  • Like 4