UNTHSC 2023-2024 Application Cycle

4 hours ago, Texas24 said:

Congratulations!!! It must be such a big relief.

Would you mind sharing when you received the email from them stating your app was under review? 

I received instructions on how to set up the portal once my app was verified (6/14) and then I was getting random newsletter emails telling me to apply to their graduate programs (??) but then on 8/3 I got an email saying "sorry for the confusion, thanks for your application.... We’re so excited about our future class and mistakenly included you in the recent reminder of our application closing date. Please disregard and know that your application is complete and verified in the CASPA system." 

17 hours ago, AlexPREPA said:

When did you get the interview invite? 

I got all of the emails you did as well inlcuding the "mistake" one. But my application still says complete nothing about being under review. I emailed them but no answer

Same, I was verified on 05/26 and it still says “application complete” I’m confused as to how people who were verified later than others are already getting interviews? My application hasn’t even been reviewed yet. 

Edited by olaureno

17 hours ago, ZRB383 said:

I received instructions on how to set up the portal once my app was verified (6/14) and then I was getting random newsletter emails telling me to apply to their graduate programs (??) but then on 8/3 I got an email saying "sorry for the confusion, thanks for your application.... We’re so excited about our future class and mistakenly included you in the recent reminder of our application closing date. Please disregard and know that your application is complete and verified in the CASPA system." 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, olaureno said:

Same, I was verified on 05/26 and it still says “application complete” I’m confused as to how people who were verified later than others are already getting interviews? My application hasn’t even been reviewed yet. 

Also confused, especially since some rejections have gone out as well for people that were also verified later. Maybe there are different categories and those are sorted in order? Really not sure…

On 8/10/2023 at 8:28 PM, AlexPREPA said:

When did you get the interview invite? 

I got all of the emails you did as well inlcuding the "mistake" one. But my application still says complete nothing about being under review. I emailed them but no answer

I got the invite on 8/8. And I just looked back thru my emails, I never got an "under review" email. 

1 hour ago, AlexPREPA said:

YAY!!!! CONGRATS. Can you tell us if your portal changed at all for the status? I am curious

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the portal status. If you check on last year's forum it seems the only time the status change was useful was when it changed to "rejected" before they got a rejection email 🥲

1 hour ago, Chrisss said:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the portal status. If you check on last year's forum it seems the only time the status change was useful was when it changed to "rejected" before they got a rejection email 🥲

It’s so confusing!! My application status has stayed the same, but people who applied much later have been rejected or interviewed. What does it even mean 😭 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, olaureno said:

It’s so confusing!! My application status has stayed the same, but people who applied much later have been rejected or interviewed. What does it even mean 😭 

Same here. I applied in early June and people who applied much later are getting invites or rejected. My guess is the best applicants got invites and the non-competitive ones got rejected right away.  The rest of us that are in the middle are on hold for now I guess? I really do not understand the admission process at all either, I thought rolling admission meant they go in order, but it's making me so nervous😓

• Like 4

I received an invite for 9/8 as well! I chose the 1pm-6pm timeslot. Did anyone else on the forum choose that one? It would be cool to meet y'all in person. 😃

Stats for those who are curious:

GPA: 3.56

sGPA: 3.55

GRE: 299

PCE:  Pharmacy tech- 6,060 hr ; Physical Therapy tech-550 hr ; ER Scribe- 250 hr

Shadowing: 152 hours (not all PA, maybe 60-100 was PAs, the rest was other healthcare workers)

Volunteer: 85 hours

Application sent/verified by May 31st

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Texas24 said:

Interesting! I got an email 5 days after my app was complete (6/20) saying it was now under review, but it was a very general email and didn’t mention a timeline for interviews. Did you get that one as well back in June? 

I am not who you were quoting but I also got a very generic “Your app is under review” email back in June when I submitted. 

I just got an email about 2 incomplete pre-reqs. I have already completed them, but after I submitted. I sent the new transcript to both CASPA and UNTHSC a while back. CASPA will not be re-verifying them. I also already put in my grades in CASPA. I’ve sent them an update email in the past with no response. Anyone know how to tackle this?