Franklin Pierce Hybrid 2023-2024 Cycle

4 hours ago, Basil said:

That's great news! Did you already complete the Casper? If so, how long did it take to get those results back?

I had my CASPer on May 23, it takes at least 1-2 weeks for results to come in. I officially got the email from Acuity Insights this week, but my scores have been in since last week. 

Hello, I am hoping someone can give me some clarification on the Texas program. I have sent the program two emails and have not received a response. My question is in regard to location sites of the clinical education portion of the program. I read the FAQ section and the student handbook in search of a definitive answer.

I do not live in TX and would like to complete as many clinical rotations in my home state (if accepted). I understand that relocation is not necessary during the preclinical year. The website stated majority of clinical sites are in TX, and students must be prepared to travel to an assigned site if necessary. Since this will be the first class, I thought it would be best to seek clarification if clinical rotations can be completed in my home state. 

I appreciate any insight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

I received this email on July 3rd. My application was verified June 23. 
I did receive the other emails about the initial base line review and the email about more in depth review by faculty. This is the latest one. 

“Your application has passed the second review process and is recommended for consideration of an interview. This is not a guarantee of an interview, but an update that your application is still eligible for advancing to the interview stage.

We will notify you via email whether you are invited for an interview, or to advise you that the cohort is full. Please understand that it will still be several months before we begin conducting interviews.

We appreciate your patience.”

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rosewater said:

I read somewhere about there being a PA hour shadowing form we had to submit, but I can't seem to find it. For those of you with complete applications, did you guys just submit the CASPA and CASPER/duet or also some kind of form? 

For CASPER I had the scores sent to the school from CASPER, for PA shadowing I cannot recall a form but documented in my CASPA experiences the PAs information in case they needed to reach her for further confirmation, I dont recall doing anything other than what was on the CASPA application. Not sure if that helps, worse case reach out to the school they do respond but it does take a day or so to get a response as theyre reviewing applications 

16 hours ago, Lisa1 said:

For CASPER I had the scores sent to the school from CASPER, for PA shadowing I cannot recall a form but documented in my CASPA experiences the PAs information in case they needed to reach her for further confirmation, I dont recall doing anything other than what was on the CASPA application. Not sure if that helps, worse case reach out to the school they do respond but it does take a day or so to get a response as theyre reviewing applications 

Thank you! I did the same. I guess I must have jotted it down for the wrong school. Thanks again! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 6:33 AM, TiffanyC said:

Applying this week to both as well! Curious what you all thought of the CASper test? Any prep needed, or just go for 

On 6/9/2023 at 12:38 PM, TiffanyC said:

FYI- I received this clarification via email on the 8 required credits for "Biology with Labs" prerequisite:

Note- The developing Texas campus program only requires 4 credits! 

Some of the courses that qualify as biological sciences may include equivalents of the following. However, this is not an exhaustive list: 

General Biology

Principles of Biology

Foundations of Biology

Biology of Humans

Cellular Biology

Developmental Biology

Molecular Biology

Neurobiology

Embryology or Human Development

Histology

Bacteriology

Virology

Parasitology

Biology of Cancer

Ecology & Evolution

Immunology

Genetics
Zoology
Pathophysiology

Courses that definitely do not fall into the category of this “Biological Sciences” include:

Nutrition

Kinesiology

Chemistry of any kind

Microbiology (already listed as a requirement)

Kind Regards,

Pam O’Brien

Pam O’Brien

Admissions Coordinator

Master of Physician Assistant Studies

Franklin Pierce University

(603) 316-4431 (EST)

NH: https://www.franklinpierce.edu/mpas-nh

AZ:  https://www.franklinpierce.edu/mpas-az

TX:  https://www.franklinpierce.edu/mpas-tx

do you know for the anatomy and physiology pre reqs if we need to take 1 and 2 for both classes ? Or just anatomy 001 and physiology 001 class will be fine?

56 minutes ago, prepastudentokay said:

is this school fully hybrid ? or do they have classes in person as well ? asking if we would need to re locate if we don’t live in the same state.

The curriculum is hybrid with immersions on campus a few times and they try to do clinical rotations in your hometown but it does say that if theyre unable to locate one then you will need to travel/relocate if I remember correctly from their site 

I attended the virtual open house for this program yesterday. Here are a few updates they shared: 

-First interview session isn't until the last week of September, then they will start ramping up invitations in October. 

-They were very blunt that clinical site placement is only in Arizona and Texas right now. Because they are new, they do not have many sites outside of those states. Per the ARC-PA, students cannot recruit their own clinical rotation sites, so they stated if you knew someone personally in a specific specialty, you could provide those details but, no guarantee. So there is still a very large chance you will be traveling out of state for clinicals. 

33 minutes ago, CiCithePrePA said:

I attended the virtual open house for this program yesterday. Here are a few updates they shared: 

-First interview session isn't until the last week of September, then they will start ramping up invitations in October. 

-They were very blunt that clinical site placement is only in Arizona and Texas right now. Because they are new, they do not have many sites outside of those states. Per the ARC-PA, students cannot recruit their own clinical rotation sites, so they stated if you knew someone personally in a specific specialty, you could provide those details but, no guarantee. So there is still a very large chance you will be traveling out of state for clinicals. 

Wow thank you for this info! I was discouraged to apply since I’m so late in the cycle. Lol this is great to know! 

• Like 1

Hi all!! I have applied to both programs. I am worried that one of my prerequisites will end up being too old; statistics. I took this course in spring of 2012, online it says recommend courses in the last 10 years. thoughts on whether I should repeat this course? or anyone in this same boat? All of my other coursework is within the last few years and I have about 16,000 clinical hours, not sure that will matter though. The website is confusing because it doesn't appear that it is required to have courses in last 10 years but states recommended. I just wonder if this will really affect my changes of getting an interview. I could add it as a planned course, but trying to avoid taking classes again if not necessary

1 hour ago, CCalPA said:

Hi all!! I have applied to both programs. I am worried that one of my prerequisites will end up being too old; statistics. I took this course in spring of 2012, online it says recommend courses in the last 10 years. thoughts on whether I should repeat this course? or anyone in this same boat? All of my other coursework is within the last few years and I have about 16,000 clinical hours, not sure that will matter though. The website is confusing because it doesn't appear that it is required to have courses in last 10 years but states recommended. I just wonder if this will really affect my changes of getting an interview. I could add it as a planned course, but trying to avoid taking classes again if not necessary

I would ask the school for sure. I applied to a school that said 7 years recommended. I called to verify military letter was received and they mentioned 10 years. I then got an e-mail shortly after saying that a course was older than 10 years and could I re-take prior to 1 Sep. The issue was they are in the process of changing to no older than 10 years (website still says 7 recommended) and haven't gotten around to updating their website. 

I received the email earlier for the Texas program saying my application passed their in-depth review! I was verified July 31 and passed the baseline review last week. The Arizona program so far just said I passed their baseline review and was queued for the in-depth review.

“Your application has passed the second review process and is recommended for consideration of an interview. This is not a guarantee of an interview, but an update that your application is still eligible for advancing to the interview stage.

We will notify you via email whether you are invited for an interview, or to advise you that the cohort is full. Please understand that it will still be several months before we begin conducting interviews.

We appreciate your patience.”

Edited by Eyeofthetiger
states

On 8/3/2023 at 2:24 PM, CCalPA said:

If the rest of your stats, especially gpa and gpa trends, are strong i don't think it would affect your overall app too much. They do mention they take into account volunteerism, aid for underserved/ disadvantaged populations, life challenges, etc. so if your profile matches their categories you might not have to retake the class.