2023-2024 cycle

20 minutes ago, caffeinestat said:

I know that no news is good news, but the wait is stressing me out. I applied/verified in late July, but still nothing. And I worked in Duke's hospital for my PCE, it's killing me not to ask. 

I know the feeling. I periodically search duke in my email just to be certain I didn't accidentally miss some email. But they seemed pretty adamant about not contacting them until December if you don't hear anything. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 8:27 AM, caffeinestat said:

I know that no news is good news, but the wait is stressing me out. I applied/verified in late July, but still nothing. And I worked in Duke's hospital for my PCE, it's killing me not to ask. 

I'm still waiting too! Completed my supplemental and submitted it by the deadline. Hopefully we hear something good soon 🙂

Im losing hope as I have not heard back from them what so ever (No rejection, waitlist, or interview invite) since I applied late June. I know that no news is good news, but at this point from anyone elses perspective is this a way of silently rejecting? This is my first cycle ever applying and I am currently an undergraduate student so I knew going into this cycle it would be a long shot just for age and experience reasons (even though I have just about 2,000 PCE I know they generally look for individuals that surpass that). Since I am new to this I figured I would ask others opinions as I am not sure if silent rejection is a common thing expecially for bigger universities? Or could they truly just be waiting to go through other interviews and dont want to completley reject individuals that may later get a interview invite? Any insight on this would be appreciated, and Congrats to everyone that has made it to the interview process and has been accepted! :)) 

3 minutes ago, Pamember2024 said:

Im losing hope as I have not heard back from them what so ever (No rejection, waitlist, or interview invite) since I applied late June. I know that no news is good news, but at this point from anyone elses perspective is this a way of silently rejecting? This is my first cycle ever applying and I am currently an undergraduate student so I knew going into this cycle it would be a long shot just for age and experience reasons (even though I have just about 2,000 PCE I know they generally look for individuals that surpass that). Since I am new to this I figured I would ask others opinions as I am not sure if silent rejection is a common thing expecially for bigger universities? Or could they truly just be waiting to go through other interviews and dont want to completley reject individuals that may later get a interview invite? Any insight on this would be appreciated, and Congrats to everyone that has made it to the interview process and has been accepted! :)) 

Your instincts are likely correct, silent rejections are common. 

23 minutes ago, RoadtoPASchool2001 said:

Im wondering the same thing. I was thinking that but some people got rejections from Duke already. 

That is where I get confused..Did people are recieve rejections from them this cycle for sure?? And if thats the case I wish that they would send an update for my application either way if im waitlisted or denied, because I applied end of june I am assuming that they have already gone over my application, due to others that applied later than me it looks like have been invited to interview. This whole process has been very confusing, but just still hoping for the best and a good outcome. It would stink to think theres a chance still, but really they are just waiting until the end to send the rejection letter ://

• Upvote 1