2023-2024 cycle

50 minutes ago, nicaraguanpa said:

Has anyone that had submitted the supplemental heard back from them? I’m hoping to submit it today. 

I submitted by CASPA 5/19, submitted supplemental 5/24, and got an email the same day (5/24) from them saying my application was complete and that candidates would be notified about interview decisions beginning in august.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! Wishing you all the best of luck this cycle.

I’m a pre-PA mentor and I had one of my students ask about that last question regarding “AI use.” His personal statement was written on his own but he used grammarly for…well, grammar. 

I assume this question on duke’s app is to ensure no one has chatGPT write their PS. I personally used grammaly during my application cycle but this was before chatGPT. 

I think it should be fine- what do you guys think? 

1 hour ago, LNNDIOSA said:

Hi guys! Wishing you all the best of luck this cycle.

I’m a pre-PA mentor and I had one of my students ask about that last question regarding “AI use.” His personal statement was written on his own but he used grammarly for…well, grammar. 

I assume this question on duke’s app is to ensure no one has chatGPT write their PS. I personally used grammaly during my application cycle but this was before chatGPT. 

I think it should be fine- what do you guys think? 

100% fine. Grammarly doesn't do the writing for you and acts like a super cursory editing software. Most people on personal statements and long-form answers would show it to other people for editing, and it's on par with that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deepsingh said:

What questions did the supplemental have for you guys?

Overall pretty broad questions: How much my academics reflect on me now, how I valued my patient care experience, significant formative experiences, and if there's anything I feel is left out of my application.

• 2 weeks later...