2023-2024 cycle

11 minutes ago, mafl129 said:

Yes it was an email

17 hours ago, kierakel said:

got rejected yesterday w/o interview 👍

Just fyi, I've known people who were rejected five years in a row who eventually did get in. It's definitely disheartening, and I can relate, but there's always a path to your own happiness. Whether that's re-applying, going a temporary different route (like nursing, as RN's and paramedics are cream of the crop for patient care experience), or going a permanent different route (I have a friend who switched from PA to a physical therapist and says it's the best job in the world for what he wanted.)

Rejections do suck, though. Sorry you have to go through that.

• Like 2

Hi all! Anyone submit towards the deadline? I'm a first time applicant and first-gen student who's unfamiliar with the PA application process. I submitted my application on 8/17, but didn't turn in my supplement until 9/12 and received confirmation of application receipt from Duke on 9/12. Any idea how long to expect to hear back?

Edited by Jdp4002

14 hours ago, Jdp4002 said:

Hi all! Anyone submit towards the deadline? I'm a first time applicant and first-gen student who's unfamiliar with the PA application process. I submitted my application on 8/17, but didn't turn in my supplement until 9/12 and received confirmation of application receipt from Duke on 9/12. Any idea how long to expect to hear back?

Hey there, first gen student here as well. I received the email that my application was complete and being reviewed on 8/20 and haven't heard back since. My guess is that our applications are just buried under a pile of other apps that were submitted earlier in the rolling process. The confirmation email said to expect to wait at least 6 weeks to hear back. This is week 6 for me though so it looks like they had a lot of applications to get to. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dichromtastic said:

Hey there, first gen student here as well. I received the email that my application was complete and being reviewed on 8/20 and haven't heard back since. My guess is that our applications are just buried under a pile of other apps that were submitted earlier in the rolling process. The confirmation email said to expect to wait at least 6 weeks to hear back. This is week 6 for me though so it looks like they had a lot of applications to get to. 

I submitted in mid June and am a first gen student. Haven't heard back yet...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dichromtastic said:

I submitted in mid-May and I haven’t heard anything either. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dichromtastic said:

Right on— nice to hear! Happy to hear we’re increasing the diversity of the PA profession. #firstgenpride

To your point, I was thinking the same. Thanks for confirming. Def a relief! Please keep us posted. Best of luck; we got this! 

Edited by Jdp4002
  • Like 1