Emory PA program 2023-2024 cycle

1 hour ago, helloPAAA said:

For those of you who have been accepted, did you get email about the deposit? 

I had the same exact question! I reached out and they said this:

"It will probably not be sent until a week before the deadline.  Your information has to populate all of Emory’s systems before you’ll be able to pay."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to the accepted students this year! I’m in the class of 2025 and would be happy to answer unofficial questions if anyone wants to DM me. Good job making a GroupMe now. We use it a lot and it was a great way to get to know each other before we all arrived in town. It felt better starting the first day with friends already.

For those of you on the waitlist, stay strong. I was waitlisted (in the teens) and got in in January. The odds are good. Obviously every year is different and this isn’t official info from the school. But when they say it’s active, it really has been in the past few years. It moved a lot (more than other programs I know of though I’m not sure why, that’s just anecdotal). No one cares who was waitlisted or not.

For those still waiting to get an acceptance, this time is so hard. I had so many panic attacks and tears during the long long process. Take good care of yourself, talk to your friends, don’t try to go through the stress alone. Rooting for you!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 4:51 PM, ssPAS said:

But when they say it’s active, it really has been in the past few years. It moved a lot (more than other programs I know of though I’m not sure why, that’s just anecdotal).

Hey there, thanks for the support and encouragement.  I know it is different every year, but anecdotally speaking would you say it's likely people under 30 have a good shot whereas anyone over 50 is very unlikely to get the call?

On 11/10/2023 at 12:05 AM, Chaoticscissortail said:

Hey there, thanks for the support and encouragement.  I know it is different every year, but anecdotally speaking would you say it's likely people under 30 have a good shot whereas anyone over 50 is very unlikely to get the call?

Of course. I wish anyone could give you something more concrete. The waiting and uncertainty is the worst part of the process. Everything is potentially different year by year. Under 30 reasonably has a better shot than over 50 but anything can happen.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 6:19 PM, Bayobee said:

While on the alternate list do they tell us when we move up in the queue? Or do we just randomly get an email ?

I didn't get an email between finding out my spot on the list and getting an acceptance offer (November to January). So it was a random email in my case. I had a general sense of when to expect it given my rank and close reading of the previous years' forums here.

I'm not sure if they send updates but you can definitely check in and ask. Better not to bug them more than monthly, starting in December or January to give things time to move) to ask about your updated rank. I used those brief question emails to also provide an update if I had a meaningful change in PCE hours or volunteer hours, courses completed, positions, etc. Keeping it short and sweet indicates both interest and respect for their time. If you have a more in-depth question, call. They know applicants have anxiety and questions! Some of the staff members who put me at ease are people I see every week now and I'm still grateful to them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those that were accepted (1. Congrats!) 2. Any insight into what you think went well during your interview? 3. Did anyone get accepted after interviewing the previous year?

I was rejected after interviewing and want to make sure I am fully prepared for the next cycle! I thought it overall went well, so am not sure exactly what to focus on🥲 Thank you in advance!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...