Emory PA program 2023-2024 cycle

For those that received a rejection email, did it feel slightly personal to you? These sentences in particular stressed me out haha. “I encourage you to now review your own application and carefully and honestly consider your strengths and weaknesses.   First, determine for yourself if it is in your best interest to reapply to our program and others next year, or consider and investigate other alternate healthcare careers.”

5 minutes ago, user1206 said:

For those that received a rejection email, did it feel slightly personal to you? These sentences in particular stressed me out haha. “I encourage you to now review your own application and carefully and honestly consider your strengths and weaknesses.   First, determine for yourself if it is in your best interest to reapply to our program and others next year, or consider and investigate other alternate healthcare careers.”

You received an email today? 

6 minutes ago, user1206 said:

Did you interview?

26 minutes ago, user1206 said:

This is my second cycle applying to Emory. My rejection email from Emory last year has the same statement. I wouldn’t take it personal. I’m sorry to hear about the outcome of the admission decision, but don’t let that stop you from pursuing your goal of becoming a PA. I wish you the best of luck to you and your journey! 

10 minutes ago, KFuturePA said:

This is my second cycle applying to Emory. My rejection email from Emory last year has the same statement. I wouldn’t take it personal. I’m sorry to hear about the outcome of the admission decision, but don’t let that stop you from pursuing your goal of becoming a PA. I wish you the best of luck to you and your journey! 

That makes me feel a bit better. Thank you for the support! Good luck to everyone still awaiting results. I’m sure you guys will make wonderful providers:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, user1206 said:

That makes me feel a bit better. Thank you for the support! Good luck to everyone still awaiting results. I’m sure you guys will make wonderful providers:)

I think they pretty much sent out mass rejections to everyone else that had applied! They’re full and probably didn’t even review our applications. They’ve been full for months with a waitlist just for interviews. 

11 minutes ago, futurepafromsc said:

I think they pretty much sent out mass rejections to everyone else that had applied! They’re full and probably didn’t even review our applications. They’ve been full for months with a waitlist just for interviews. 

Wow I didn’t even know they were full I haven’t received an email at all from Emory. Trying to have positive thoughts 🙂 

5 hours ago, user1206 said:

First off, It's going to be okay.

I applied last cycle, received an interview, but got rejected. I received an email a few months after rejection basically stating to reapply next cycle and stay hopeful. I'm sure that same post rejection email was sent to other that had received an interview and didn't get in. I also received a straight up rejection from Emory today with that same message. I had more volunteer hours and a whole another year of work experience. Don't take it personal and dwell on it. I assume they plan to fill up the acceptance seats and interview slots early this cycle. Keep your head up and keep pushing forward!

Edited by PApowder
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 9:23 PM, cocopuffs said:

I haven’t received an email either! No news is good news. Maybe they’ll have another round of interviews. Only time will tell 🙂

It’s not that they don’t have more interviews, but their interviews are already full. They’ve already sent out invites for all of them and there’s a waitlist for interviews. I’m assuming anyone who hasn’t heard back may be on the waitlist. But the interviews are full. 

26 minutes ago, wannabepa3 said:

They told me during my interview the week of 9/12 that they would be done the next week. So supposedly the last interview session was almost two weeks ago

I interviewed that week as well. I know Allan mentioned on the tour we should know by the 2nd or 3rd week of this month, but late October was mentioned in the interview survey email. I’ve just been checking my email daily. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFuturePA said:

I interviewed that week as well. I know Allan mentioned on the tour we should know by the 2nd or 3rd week of this month, but late October was mentioned in the interview survey email. I’ve just been checking my email daily. 

I was the first set of interviews and Allen told us the last week of Oct.🍁🎃

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FuturePAS2024 said:

Does anyone know when the last interview date is? Curious when in October decisions will start coming out. 

I believe it was around 2 weeks ago like what previous people have been saying. All interviews have been conducted and decisions will be out late October (which is their goal) to my knowledge 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 11:31 AM, FuturePAS2024 said:

Same over here! I wish we had an exact date 😅

Does anyone know if we get waitlisted if they will tell us where on the waitlist we rank? I know they said it's "quite dynamic" and last year they pulled someone who was number 40 off the waitlist.

I'm just wondering if we will know where we stand.