Emory PA program 2023-2024 cycle

On 8/11/2023 at 7:11 PM, neuro2022 said:

Does anyone know if they’re still sending out interview invites? 

I submitted my application 6/1 and they sent an email stating they had received my application 6/5, but nothing since. 

I went to a tour for people that have interviews and they said that all interview spots are filled and they have a waitlist. So if someone decides that they don’t want to interview there that spot will open for someone else. 

1 hour ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

I think the first round of interviews is tomorrow 8/16. But I might be wrong. 

I'm very curious about the writing prompt - does anyone know if we will get to use Spell Check? 

oh, wow! I didn't realize the first ones start tomorrow. I have studied as much as I can, but it would be awesome to have first-hand advice. I will let y'all know how it goes!

Just now, PAC23 said:

oh, wow! I didn't realize the first ones start tomorrow. I have studied as much as I can, but it would be awesome to have first-hand advice. I will let y'all know how it goes!

I’m not 100% sure yall are the first but I think so. 

Good luck! I'm sure you will kick ass. Just remember to breathe and know that you have totally earned your path here! You got this! 😁 

(also feel free to come back and just tell us if there is spell check! 😳

9 minutes ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

I’m not 100% sure yall are the first but I think so. 

Good luck! I'm sure you will kick ass. Just remember to breathe and know that you have totally earned your path here! You got this! 😁 

(also feel free to come back and just tell us if there is spell check! 😳

Thank you! I will definitely find out!

• Like 1

Update on interview: Emory is awesome! For obvious reasons, I can't share the exact scenarios, but if you study different MMI ethical examples, you will be fine. The writing prompt allows you to use your own word processor (word, pages, etc.), so spell check can be used! 25 total minutes and that's including time for instructions and prompt reading.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PAC23 said:

Update on interview: Emory is awesome! For obvious reasons, I can't share the exact scenarios, but if you study different MMI ethical examples, you will be fine. The writing prompt allows you to use your own word processor (word, pages, etc.), so spell check can be used! 25 total minutes and that's including time for instructions and prompt reading.

Thank you. If it’s not too much to ask, was the MMI individual or group format?

3 hours ago, PAC23 said:

Congrats on the interview going well! I hope it works out for all of us!  Thank you for the update, fingers crossed!

Hey y’all I’m just wondering if y’all think there’s a point to apply to Emory rn if as of now there’s a waitlist for an interview. I don’t wanna waste money if I’ll just get rejected almost automatically. Also the supplemental application is asking for social security number have people been putting that information on there? I’m a bit weary about that. 

On 8/20/2023 at 12:17 PM, MayaM23 said:

Hey y’all I’m just wondering if y’all think there’s a point to apply to Emory rn if as of now there’s a waitlist for an interview. I don’t wanna waste money if I’ll just get rejected almost automatically. Also the supplemental application is asking for social security number have people been putting that information on there? I’m a bit weary about that. 

I did put it there. It’s your choice if you want to apply but you’ll only get an interview if someone decides to not interview there.

On 8/20/2023 at 11:17 AM, MayaM23 said:

I applied July 29th and I still haven’t heard from them so I’m assuming I was put on the waitlist. Idk if that helps give you reference. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 11:17 AM, MayaM23 said:

I also didn't like the SS# thing; I did ****** and then the last four digests.

Hi everyone, so I submitted both applications (CASPA & Supplemental) paid the necessary fees before the deadline, but my application didn’t get verified until Sept 14th due to one missing LOR. From my understanding our applications had to be submitted and verified by the deadline. If thats the case do you guys still think I have a chance?

39 minutes ago, passionatePA21 said:

Hi everyone, so I submitted both applications (CASPA & Supplemental) paid the necessary fees before the deadline, but my application didn’t get verified until Sept 14th due to one missing LOR. From my understanding our applications had to be submitted and verified by the deadline. If thats the case do you guys still think I have a chance?

I’m sorry to hear that about the LOR. I believe Emory has a green color-coded deadline meaning everything has to be submitted and verified by the deadline. Until you’re notified otherwise I’d say you may still have a chance. Best of luck this cycle!

53 minutes ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

How is everyone holding up waiting to hear back? Oct can't come soon enough...  

It's a waiting game now. I thought I would feel more relieved honestly. At least they are telling us that we will hear back by the end of october instead of end of november. They told them a couple days before thanksgiving last year...

5 hours ago, runnagirl said:

It's a waiting game now. I thought I would feel more relieved honestly. At least they are telling us that we will hear back by the end of october instead of end of november. They told them a couple days before thanksgiving last year...

I also thought I would feel relieved after the interview too but I really didn't. The MMI style is hard to judge. Yeah, I saw that in last year's forum! I wonder if they lost people to other schools by waiting that long? 

Edited by Chaoticscissortail
  • Upvote 1