Emory PA program 2023-2024 cycle

2 hours ago, mpfuturePA said:

Got an interview invite today, super excited!!!

If you don't mind me asking what date did you receive the email stating: 

We have received all of your application materials, and your application is currently being processed.  Please allow 7 - 14 business days for processing time.  If you are chosen for an interview, notifications are usually sent out via e-mail 4 weeks in advance of the interview date.  Please remember to keep us updated with any address, phone, and email changes.

Thank you for your interest in Emory University's Physician Assistant Program.

I applied in the evening of the 31st and got the email saying they received everything yesterday. I just got a denial email, did this happen to anyone else?? I meet all minimum requirements so I can’t see there being an automatic denial due to GPA or something. Super confused how they could have reviewed my application in less than 24 hours lol

On 6/1/2023 at 12:20 PM, kmj04 said:

If you guys don't mind me asking what date did you receive the email stating: 

We have received all of your application materials, and your application is currently being processed.  Please allow 7 - 14 business days for processing time.  If you are chosen for an interview, notifications are usually sent out via e-mail 4 weeks in advance of the interview date.  Please remember to keep us updated with any address, phone, and email changes.

Thank you for your interest in Emory University's Physician Assistant Program.

Hey there. So I got that email the day before my interview invite. But if it helps at all, I am a non-traditional student with a crazy amount of PCE, so my whole app is weird. 

Edited by Chaoticscissortail
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 6:31 PM, Lrester said:

What time of day did they send out interview invites? I got my verification email today and was wondering when I would get another email

There doesn't seem to be that much rhyme or reason to it. Particularly with the holiday weekend last week, I think they are just working in batches the best they can.

On 6/1/2023 at 3:43 PM, jmm16 said:

I applied in the evening of the 31st and got the email saying they received everything yesterday. I just got a denial email, did this happen to anyone else?? I meet all minimum requirements so I can’t see there being an automatic denial due to GPA or something. Super confused how they could have reviewed my application in less than 24 hours lol

Hey there, I would double-check your min requirements, and then if everything is there reach out. I agree it seems odd 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Lrester said:

Has anybody heard anything this past week? I was verified on June 1st and haven't heard anything. Waiting the 14 days for a reply is so hard 

I haven't received anything back yet and I received the processing email on May 22nd so I am not sure. 

• Like 1

I submitted my application on June 4 and received my rejection email today. I felt on the fence about my hours, as Emory prefers around 5,000 PCE. I was just over the minimum 2,000 for PCE but wanted to try. Hopefully, this gives someone in a similar boat some perspective.

Good luck to everyone else!

4 hours ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

Hey, those who have gotten an interview invite, did anyone ever respond to your email with a headshot and copy of your ID?
I sent them the requested items on 6/1 and never heard back. I assume they are just busy, but it makes me a little worried. 

I think I got an email saying that my interview was confirmed. Because they said that it wouldn’t be confirmed until they got those things. 

Edited by nicaraguanpa

14 hours ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

Hey, those who have gotten an interview invite, did anyone ever respond to your email with a headshot and copy of your ID?
I sent them the requested items on 6/1 and never heard back. I assume they are just busy, but it makes me a little worried. 

I think they might be busy but i got my email confirmation within 24 hours, but i sent mine early June.

On 6/21/2023 at 10:06 PM, nicaraguanpa said:

I think I got an email saying that my interview was confirmed. Because they said that it wouldn’t be confirmed until they got those things. 

Hmmm, that's scary. Okay, I will follow up. Thank you 

Update: Thank you all for getting back to me! Turns out it was a good thing I followed up because I found out my interview was not confirmed. Apparently, no one saw my email accepting the invitation. It has been addressed, and I officially have an interview on 8/23.

Edited by Chaoticscissortail