WellMed insurance and attestations

Rev,  At least it is a response.  I don't know if it is a Texas thing but it is the way Medicare is going as far as what has to be documented as accurate and current.  The more DX the higher the reimbursement I believe.  Being that it is Medicare, I would think it is a national trend.  May not affect you because your practice is not primary care I thought.  Thanks

I'm looking into a position where I will do home visits to do Medicare Wellness Visits.  The pay is per evaluation and is tiered, where the more I do per month the more I make.  It starts at $77/eval going up to $112/eval, and if I do 7 or more in a single day I get an extra $40 bonus.  It is a 1099 position with no reimbursement on gas...but I would have complete control over my schedule.

Hemmingway...sign me up for that 24/week.  Good grief, that's $200/patient assuming he worked all 52 weeks per year.

Imagine what the company you will work for is getting if they are paying you the money you said.  I had heard (3rd hand) that the practice gets upwards of $900+ per patient.  Yes the reimbursement is tiered. The more diagnoses the more $$$$

11 hours ago, mgriffiths said:

I'm looking into a position where I will do home visits to do Medicare Wellness Visits.  The pay is per evaluation and is tiered, where the more I do per month the more I make.  It starts at $77/eval going up to $112/eval, and if I do 7 or more in a single day I get an extra $40 bonus.  It is a 1099 position with no reimbursement on gas...but I would have complete control over my schedule.

Hemmingway...sign me up for that 24/week.  Good grief, that's $200/patient assuming he worked all 52 weeks per year.

The fun part was he sold this group his practice for a pile of money, leased them his building for a pile of money, and didn't even change offices. Just went right to work for them.

• Upvote 1