2022-2023 Application Cycle

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea of how we’re supposed to budget for the program? I’ve filled out the Fafsa information and I’m sure there will be more information to come, but does anyone know what amount former or current students typically allocate for living expenses? Particularly rent. I’m trying to shop around for an apartment in jax and not having a range makes it particularly difficult.

On 2/10/2023 at 4:06 PM, Pakat25 said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea of how we’re supposed to budget for the program? I’ve filled out the Fafsa information and I’m sure there will be more information to come, but does anyone know what amount former or current students typically allocate for living expenses? Particularly rent. I’m trying to shop around for an apartment in jax and not having a range makes it particularly difficult.

FAFSA graduate loan gives about 10k/semester. Once you are approved for that you have to apply for graduate plus loan that gives up to 25k/semester. Subtract school expenses and that will be your living money. When I say up to 25k it'll probably be more like 19k in the summer and 20k for spring/fall. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, PrePAg001 said:

I’m not sure but when I interviewed on the 7th miss Kandee said that they started their interview process late this year and that there were “more than enough” seats left.

Well that's good to know. I'm interviewing on the 23rd. I was accepted to NSU Orlando but my first choice is Jacksonville. 

On 2/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, Pakat25 said:

Hey I’m a currently student in the program. If you need any housing recommendations or have any questions let me know. Also, Ms. Kandee has a list apartments each year in the area that give a discount in rent to NSU students. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I recently interviewed with NSU Jacksonville and would like to know if anyone else is concerned about the accreditation situation? During the interview they said the only reason they had a probationary extention was because of statistics and data. They had to start interviews late because of the review. I'm just concerned if they come up for review while you're in school and it doesn't go through what would happen. I have read many things about people having issues getting licensed in certain states if the school you graduated from losses accreditation. Also, I have heard you may have to start over somewhere else depending on the situation. Is this something I should be concerned with if I get accepted? 

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2023 at 11:50 AM, SierraMohr said:

Hello, 

I recently interviewed with NSU Jacksonville and would like to know if anyone else is concerned about the accreditation situation? During the interview they said the only reason they had a probationary extention was because of statistics and data. They had to start interviews late because of the review. I'm just concerned if they come up for review while you're in school and it doesn't go through what would happen. I have read many things about people having issues getting licensed in certain states if the school you graduated from losses accreditation. Also, I have heard you may have to start over somewhere else depending on the situation. Is this something I should be concerned with if I get accepted? 

Hey I’m a student in the class of 2024, the program told us that the accreditation- probation is extended until the next review in 2024. Probation is still accredited and If you start a program that is accredited at time of matriculation, you’re able to sit for the PANCE. The faculty and program are very confident on getting the accreditation of the program off probation for the next review. 

If it’s any ease of mind, I think the program has done a great job at teaching us the material and preparing us for when we start clinicals in August. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/4/2023 at 11:50 AM, SierraMohr said:

Hello, 

Also important to note that if a school is accredited when you start your studies, then you are accepted to sit for the PANCE exams, whether the school later loses accreditation or not. 

Safe to say that if you get accepted to this program, you are in the green zone for PANCE. 

• Thanks 1

That is good to know! I got the call today that I was accepted :)) I feel that since NSU has three other programs that are accredited, I shouldn't worry. I'm moving to Utah after school so I worry about state licensing and what not. I also got accepted to NSU Orlando so I have a decision to make. My fiance lives here in Jacksonville so it would more convenient for me to go to NSU Jax rather than Orlando. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, pakrj said:

has anyone been accepted into the Facebook page yet? I am getting worried as school starts soon and I have no info on housing! 

Ask around here and see who else is going to NSU Jax. I recommend getting a GroupMe together on your own. We shared a lot of info between us prior to school start for our class (Class of 2024), including housing opportunities around the school.

I'd recommend looking at The Coventry which is very close to campus (walking distance).

On 3/7/2023 at 7:18 PM, pakrj said:

has anyone been accepted into the Facebook page yet? I am getting worried as school starts soon and I have no info on housing! 

Nope! We are still waiting. A couple of us have emailed with no response so we are hoping it will come out soon!

• 3 weeks later...