2022-2023 Application Cycle

On 11/8/2022 at 11:09 AM, FuturePAs3 said:

Congratulations! When I got the call, I heard Ms. Griffith say that an email with the acceptance packet and materials will be sent within a couple days. The initial $500 deposit will be due within 2 weeks and the second $500 deposit will be due in February. She said that the packet will go into more detail with what following steps need to be taken. 🙂 

Did you ever receive the acceptance packet?

On 11/16/2022 at 11:39 PM, MBC13 said:

Can you also share when you sent in your applications?

So, I officially submitted my CASPA on 5/11/22 and was verified by 5/13/22. I received a application confirmation from Ms. Griffith on 6/15/22. I received interview invite 10/21/22 and interviewed on 10/31/22. I received a call from Ms. Griffith on 11/8/22 offering me a seat in the program. I will also mention before I start going through my statistics that I am a second time applicant.

GRE: 311 (w/ a 5.0 in writing)

Overall GPA: 3.27

Science GPA: 3.17

PCE: 5000 hours across family medicine, gynecology/obstestrics, cardiology

Three letters of recommendation: 1 from a MD, 1 from a PA-C, and 1 from a ARNP, Midwife

Certified Medical Assistant for 3 years

BLS/CPR Certified

Volunteer Hours: 200

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 9:49 PM, prepa888 said:

I was just accepted recently! Does anyone know what the weekly schedule will be like? Is it 8-5 M-F or does it vary? Just curious as I never got to ask during my interview!

Yes it is generally 8-5 with some variation based on guest lecturers. But we’ve never had a lecture after 5pm or on the weekends. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FPA16 said:

Has there been a group chat/FB group created for those attending the program? 

I was wondering the same thing. I was accepted on 2/1 and in the acceptance email it said that after the Feb 15th deposit deadline, there was going to be a FB group shared. In the meantime, I was wondering if a GroupMe Chat was created. Congrats to everyone! 

19 hours ago, PAsoontobe23 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I was accepted on 2/1 and in the acceptance email it said that after the Feb 15th deposit deadline, there was going to be a FB group shared. In the meantime, I was wondering if a GroupMe Chat was created. Congrats to everyone! 

I was accepted a few months back and have not seen a groupme be posted. I know some of the other Nova’s have created their own as well!