2022-2023 Application Cycle

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2022 at 9:35 AM, billdwebster said:

Have you tried to email Kandee? kandee.griffith@nova.edu

I recall that NSU Jax did not begin sending out interview invitations until early October last year. FYI

Hello, would you mind sharing your experience at nova jacksonville ? Also, I see the program is on probation. Could you elaborate on this a little. Thank you! You can private message me also. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 9:35 AM, billdwebster said:
On 7/19/2022 at 10:06 AM, billdwebster said:

Great idea -thanks for starting. I'm a current student at NSU Jax - glad to answer any questions you have about the admissions process and the program. 

I’m not sure if you’ve applied to all of the NOVA campuses, but if you have does each program call you stating “We will further review your application”. Thank you so much for sticking around for the prospective class. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 3:15 AM, Motivatedjess said:

Hello, would you mind sharing your experience at nova jacksonville ? Also, I see the program is on probation. Could you elaborate on this a little. Thank you! You can private message me also. 

Hey there, I'm happy to share my experience here online. I absolutely love the program at NSU Jax. The professors are dedicated and extremely knowledgeable with many years of experience as practicing medical providers. We share the campus with the Anesthesiologist Assistant program but we have lots of room to ourselves. The cohort is highly motivated and we have a heterogeneous mix of ages, backgrounds and experiences in medical fields. I was an ophthalmic scribe/technician prior to school. We have former MAs, CNAs, Derm techs, ENTs, Paramedics, etc. Even a pharmacist!

Re: accreditation probation - The program has put a lot into improving the deficiencies the ARC-PA noticed a few years ago and it seems to me like it is a solid program. The cohorts ahead of me agree. Their accreditation is being reviewed this month so check out this page for some updates as I learn more info. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 12:32 AM, MikeyBoi said:

Yes, each program will tell you the same thing if they decide you are an apt candidate for interview. In my case last year, I was invited to a couple of the NSU programs for interview. I personally chose Jax because I felt it had the most personalized experience for learning since its a small campus and the professors have only the PA program to dedicate their time to. 

In the end, if and when you get invited to an interview (I wasn't invited to interview at NSU Jax until November), go with the program you sense will give you the best education. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ajh20 said:

Congrats!! When did you apply? What did the email say? And was it from someone at NOVA Jacksonville? I got a call saying my application was accepted a few months ago and submitted back in May , but I haven’t heard anything since. 

Thank you! I applied in mid July, I think like July 12 to be exact, and it just said that it was under review and that they received my supplemental application that I submitted a while back 

• Like 1

Hey guys - just an update on the accreditation status - the school went through a review again in September and they're waiting on a report in October or November. The school seems pretty positive about fulfilling the objectives of the ARC-PA report, so we'll see. But our didactic experience is pretty amazing, so I'd recommend applying especially if you're in the Jax area and want to stay here. This is the only local PA program!

And good luck of all of you applying. Feel free to dm me if you have any specific questions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 7:42 AM, Etass said:

If you don’t mind sharing what are your stats? 

Sure!

Total GPA: 3.80

BCP GPA: 3.64

GRE: Tot: 303  Verbal: 152 (52%)  Quantitative: 151 (37%)  Analytical: 5 (91%)

PCE:  1200 hours, Pharmacy Tech. (NSU counts this job as PCE)

HCE: 843 hours, Medical Scribe & Plastics Assistant

Volunteering: 1000 hours

Shadowing: 56 hours w/ PA, 465 hours w/ MD

On 10/19/2022 at 5:42 PM, FuturePAs3 said:

I saw on the interview schedule that Nova's Jacksonville campus has a writing prompt as part of the interview process. Does anyone have any information as to how this is completed and what it's like?

Yes, they will give you two questions during the interview. You'll have 20-30 minutes to write and answer and submit it. It's pretty straightforward. Usually something like an ethical question: "What do you do if someone you know is cheating on an exam?" or something like that.

Good news! The NSU Jax PA Program received news that their accreditation is prolonged through June 2024 until the next review from ARC-PA. I know a little about the inside of this situation and the issue with accreditation is not an academic one, but more along the lines of having the clinical year objectives align with ARC-PA's expectations. I haven't started clinical year yet, but those I know who have done their rotations say that it's a great experience and there haven't been any problems or lacking in knowledge. So... if you're on the fence about NSU Jax, I'd say "dive in!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/21/2022 at 9:28 AM, billdwebster said:

Yes, they will give you two questions during the interview. You'll have 20-30 minutes to write and answer and submit it. It's pretty straightforward. Usually something like an ethical question: "What do you do if someone you know is cheating on an exam?" or something like that.

Thank you so much for the information! 

• Upvote 1