2022-23 Cycle Western University of Health Sciences

18 hours ago, futuresuPAhuman said:

Completely unexpected, received an interview invite today... Interviewing in March! Good luck to all!

Can you please share your stats with me?? I know they line applicants up by GPA and my GPA really varies between my Science, Pre req and Overall gpa.

Edited by PaUrology

1 hour ago, Rosewater said:

I got an interview invite last week and am interviewing this week on 2/8. I'm nervous since it's pretty late in the cycle, and this is my first interview (so in a nutshell, lots of pressure). Does anyone have any advice/tips for interviewing for Western (or generally any school)? I'd appreciate it a lot. 

First and foremost, congrats!! I am still waiting for an interview invite to western but I have interviewed with 5 other schools this cycle. Best piece of advice I can give you is to be yourself, everyone is super laid back and sweet as far as faculty goes. I’d say to google some possible pa school questions that could be asked and the big 3 questions they usually ask and prepare for as many as you can that you think could be asked. There’s no way you can prepare for all the questions but I feel like if you can relate things back to your personal experience it could be very beneficial. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Rosewater said:

I got an interview invite last week and am interviewing this week on 2/8. I'm nervous since it's pretty late in the cycle, and this is my first interview (so in a nutshell, lots of pressure). Does anyone have any advice/tips for interviewing for Western (or generally any school)? I'd appreciate it a lot. 

Congrats on the interview! Can you please share your stats with me please? I applied the last day of the cycle. I think I'm a relatively competitive candidate, just want to see what other candidates stats are that are receiving interviews at this point in the cycle. Thanks!

On 2/6/2023 at 11:25 AM, Kiki2202 said:

First and foremost, congrats!! I am still waiting for an interview invite to western but I have interviewed with 5 other schools this cycle. Best piece of advice I can give you is to be yourself, everyone is super laid back and sweet as far as faculty goes. I’d say to google some possible pa school questions that could be asked and the big 3 questions they usually ask and prepare for as many as you can that you think could be asked. There’s no way you can prepare for all the questions but I feel like if you can relate things back to your personal experience it could be very beneficial. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I have been researching potential PA school questions. What big three do you feel are usually asked, based on your interviews? I assume one is definitely "tell me about yourself" but any advice you have for interview prep could go a long way for me. Thanks! 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:37 PM, PaUrology said:

Congrats on the interview! Can you please share your stats with me please? I applied the last day of the cycle. I think I'm a relatively competitive candidate, just want to see what other candidates stats are that are receiving interviews at this point in the cycle. Thanks!

Thank you! I applied end of July.

Science GPA: 3.75

Overall undergrad GPA: 3.88

- 1 science publication

- 700-1000 hr PCE
- 100 hr Shadowing

I have pretty weak stats for PCE/HCE which is why I'm shocked I even got an interview. I just hope it goes really well. Hoping you get an invite soon! 

42 minutes ago, Rosewater said:

Thank you so much! I have been researching potential PA school questions. What big three do you feel are usually asked, based on your interviews? I assume one is definitely "tell me about yourself" but any advice you have for interview prep could go a long way for me. Thanks! 

Tell me about yourself, why PA, and why our school are the top 3 I always keep prepped! 

2 hours ago, Kiki2202 said:

Tell me about yourself, why PA, and why our school are the top 3 I always keep prepped! 

great because those are some of the ones I rehearsed. Thank you!! I’m trying to not psych myself out so I rehearsed questions that seem likely, and I’m going to keep my PCE and other experiences in mind if they ask other questions. Thanks!!

These were my stats

cGPA: 3.72

sGPA. 3.91

PCE: around 2000 as a PT aide 

Volunteer: around 300 hours 

LOR: 3 from physical therapists, 1 from MD, 1 from professor 

Shadowing: around 50 from a pediatrics PA

I do want to mention I am a non traditional applicant. So I think my non healthcare life experience coupled with personal statement helped me stand out on top of my stats. I also took a year of honors Spanish lol (I know western recommends taking a Spanish course but not required).

Edited by nast2022
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2023 at 3:35 AM, nast2022 said:

Got accepted today! Interviewed in early November. But I will be declining my seat as I got into my top choice program. Hopefully that opens a seat for someone else! 

Congratulations!! I was told they werent accepting people until march? I interviewed in late October