2022-23 Cycle Western University of Health Sciences

3 hours ago, Prepalady said:

Oh maybe i got it confused, prolly because they said something about it lasting for 20 minutes and i just thought it would be weird for an MMI interview to be that short lol

thats true but it also said they wont be asking anything related to our application/ why we want to be a PA, so thats why i assumed it would be MMI but idk

On 6/30/2022 at 11:47 AM, ChelseaPrePA said:

I received an email stating the below:

Thank you for submitting your CASPA application to 
WesternU’s Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPA) program. We strive to provide a patient-focused, hands-on curriculum taught by top faculty and complemented by outstanding clinical training opportunities. We’re glad to hear that you are interested in joining us.

Next steps for your application...

Please note that if you are one of the highly qualified applicants that is selected for an interview, we will contact you via email around September with further details. We appreciate your interest in WesternU. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your Admissions Counselor.

Was the secondary a lot? Was it basic questions like bio/Edu ? 

Just had it! Wasn't bad, pretty much the same format as what they said in the interview prep videos: four questions total, meet with two different faculty members (2 questions per faculty member) 6 minutes per question. The questions themselves are pretty standard interview questions (so don't stress about that just remember your stories/examples from your prep work and you should be fine!) The interviewers are nice and it's not an intimidating environment. [Another side note: decisions come out march which is something to consider especially if you applied to January start schools.]

Good luck to everyone!! 

link for interview prep resources here in case you guys wanted to look at it:

https://prospective.westernu.edu/health-sciences/mspa/interview/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, P4th2P4 said:

Just had it! Wasn't bad, pretty much the same format as what they said in the interview prep videos: four questions total, meet with two different faculty members (2 questions per faculty member) 6 minutes per question. The questions themselves are pretty standard interview questions (so don't stress about that just remember your stories/examples from your prep work and you should be fine!) The interviewers are nice and it's not an intimidating environment. [Another side note: decisions come out march which is something to consider especially if you applied to January start schools.]

Good luck to everyone!! 

link for interview prep resources here in case you guys wanted to look at it:

https://prospective.westernu.edu/health-sciences/mspa/interview/

Was it hard talking for the entire 6 minutes? What would be your biggest tip to prepare for the interview?

34 minutes ago, balefnegh said:

Was it hard talking for the entire 6 minutes? What would be your biggest tip to prepare for the interview?

The questions are pretty traditional and based on how I had been prepping thus far most of my answers to traditional questions were about 5 minutes long so it worked out pretty well.

The biggest tip I would give is to make sure you listen to the entire question as there can be multiple parts and address all portions. You can ask the interviewer at any time to repeat the question. 

Also a more generic tip for interviews in general (which you may already know but I want to reemphasize because it has helped me a LOT so far this cycle), you want to be sure to show not tell. So prepare significant and specific examples/stories from your PCE, personal experience, shadowing, uni, etc (anything you've done which makes you stand out and you want to interviewers to know more about) so you can tie them into the answer for any question they may ask you. I've definitely found that more helpful than just having a generic script ready for questions.

Hope this helps and best of luck!! 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1