2022-23 Cycle Western University of Health Sciences

10 hours ago, tlthyn said:

How did they start the email, I didnt receive an email about their preview day so I'm curious. Thank you!

Register Now: Preview Day on March 11

We’re excited to announce an upcoming opportunity for you to visit our campus in Pomona, California and get an in-depth look at everything the university has to offer. Whether you’re early in the admissions process or already an admitted student, there will be valuable information and opportunities.

Register for WesternU Preview Day & Open House on Saturday, March 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.!

WHAT TO EXPECT
Are you interested in seeing what it’s really like to be a student at Western University of Health Sciences? Or connecting with faculty members and current students?

3 hours ago, balefnegh said:

Register Now: Preview Day on March 11

We’re excited to announce an upcoming opportunity for you to visit our campus in Pomona, California and get an in-depth look at everything the university has to offer. Whether you’re early in the admissions process or already an admitted student, there will be valuable information and opportunities.

Register for WesternU Preview Day & Open House on Saturday, March 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.!

WHAT TO EXPECT
Are you interested in seeing what it’s really like to be a student at Western University of Health Sciences? Or connecting with faculty members and current students?

Oh goodness, that is pulling on my heartstrings, leading us on 

1 hour ago, tlthyn said:

Was anyone else sort of thrown off how interviews went? No spoilers for anyone here.

The schedule said there was going to be a brief overview, interviews then closing with profs, but I personally thought "brief overview" meant there was going to be a short powerpoint presentation about the school and program, etc, like all other school interviews do, where the pa school tries to pitch their PA program to you so that if u get accepted, you choose their school. 

But it was just mic and camera check,  straight into the questions, then we were dismissed. So I felt weird afterwards. We gotta do our own personal research on western's website if we want to know more of this school. 

All the videos with the brief overview and virtual tour were sent to us prior to the interview. We were also given a pdf of information. 

4 hours ago, brighttsunnyy said:

All the videos with the brief overview and virtual tour were sent to us prior to the interview. We were also given a pdf of information. 

Yes, thank you. I have read and watched it all. It was very informative, with out a doubt. However, maybe it was how my interview time slot was done. It was very impersonal of a welcome and interview process. It missed the personal touch of hearing a faculty's reasoning on why westernU, and how their time there has been thus far. We are interviewing the school as much as they are interviewing us. Maybe it's due to how large of an interview applicant pool western has to filter through that made their process more this way, in a more time efficient manner. Just left a weird taste in my mouth is all.

Edited by soondubu

12 minutes ago, soondubu said:

Yes, thank you. I have read and watched it all. It was very informative. However, maybe it was how my interview time slot was done. It was very impersonal of a welcome and interview process. It missed the personal touch of hearing a faculty's reasoning on why westernU, and how their time there has been thus far. We are interviewing the school as much as they are interviewing us. Maybe it's due to how large of an interview applicant pool western has to filter through that made their process more this way, in a more time efficient manner. Just left a weird taste in my mouth is all.

I agree with you! Crazy how such little time they interview us for and we don’t really get to ask them questions anytime. I believe more of the personal questions and experiences are shared through the student Q&A but it would have been nice to hear more from/about the faculty! 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, futuresuPAhuman said:

Does anyone know briefly about how many people have been accepted? I am curious since my interview is so late in the season. Any info helps! Thanks in advance 

Hi, I am not sure how many people got accepted so far. From just this chat alone, I would say 5 people got early acceptance. And just be the best version of yourself on interview day. The fact you got an acceptance is amazing, you beat out over one thousand applicants for that spot. Congrats! Of the current students that were in my q and a session, 2 of them said they got the last interview day/time slot and got accepted the following week, which was mid March, so believe and hope! Also it's going to always be a competitive atmosphere prior to starting PA school, but do try to be the most professional yet friendly version of yourself. And for q and a session, each person only got one chance to ask the students a question, so listen to the other questions asked and modify your own question to  make it a unique one. Good luck! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, soondubu said:

Hi, I am not sure how many people got accepted so far. From just this chat alone, I would say 5 people got early acceptance. And just be the best version of yourself on interview day. The fact you got an acceptance is amazing, you beat out over one thousand applicants for that spot. Congrats! Of the current students that were in my q and a session, 2 of them said they got the last interview day/time slot and got accepted the following week, which was mid March, so believe and hope! Also it's going to always be a competitive atmosphere prior to starting PA school, but do try to be the most professional yet friendly version of yourself. And for q and a session, each person only got one chance to ask the students a question, so listen to the other questions asked and modify your own question to  make it a unique one. Good luck! 

Thank you so much for the kind words and advice! I will definitely keep this in mind on interview day 🙂 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, balefnegh said:

Wow the wait is really killing mee! Always anticipating an email first thing in the morning 😞 I thought they were going to send out more decisions this week 😞

I feel so bad for people whom interviewed in October and still haven't heard anything back yet. That 4+ month wait is torturous.