UTMB 2022-2023 Admissions Cycle

I interviewed on 09/30 and have not heard anything back yet:/ Is anyone else in the same/similar boat?

From what someone told me, UTMB will interview ~200ish applicants and accept 90. Is that correct? 

Also, has anyone received an email yet about being placed on their waitlist? With a class of 90, odds of moving up on the waitlist are pretty good I imagine!

Hey everyone!

I submitted my application late July as well, but still have not received a confirmation email or supplemental application from enrollment services. Does this mean they never received my application? I’ve sent a few emails, but have not received responses. I’m getting worried!!

4 minutes ago, pastudent1022 said:

Hey everyone!

I submitted my application late July as well, but still have not received a confirmation email or supplemental application from enrollment services. Does this mean they never received my application? I’ve sent a few emails, but have not received responses. I’m getting worried!!

My application is also verified through CASPA and I’ve completed Casper and snapshot with received results

10 hours ago, Pa1022 said:

My application is also verified through CASPA and I’ve completed Casper and snapshot with received results

You should contact the admissions office. I applied early august and received a confirmation email, emails to login to MyStar, & a confirmation email that my application is under review by the committee. However, I have not heard past that. Hopefully they just have the incorrect email on file for you or something like that!

4 hours ago, bellaPAschool said:

You should contact the admissions office. I applied early august and received a confirmation email, emails to login to MyStar, & a confirmation email that my application is under review by the committee. However, I have not heard past that. Hopefully they just have the incorrect email on file for you or something like that!

They responded this morning and sent my supplemental!! 

Hi! Could someone please say if it's an MMI or traditional interview or something else? It looks like a few people have asked and no one has responded; that's not giving away too much to say, don't worry. It's not very clear from the interview invitations; all it says is you'll interview with 2 faculty but that could be MMI style potentially.

3 hours ago, AFuturePAOkay said:

So it's timed stations with scenarios, ethical questions, etc? That is quite different from what's implied in the email, but just wanted to make sure I understand. Thanks in advance!

No it’s a traditional interview with 2 faculty members. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Clariseta said:

That's good to know that they are still sending out invites! Would you mind sharing your stats if not that's ok too

cGPA: 3.73, sGPA: 3.62, GRE: 328, Casper: 4th quartile, PCE: 2500 hrs (at time of application) HCE: 774 hrs, Shadowing: ~120 hrs (ortho PA, CV surg PA, functional med PA, peds MD) LOR: 1 PA, 2 MD, practice administrator for current job

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringo12 said:

cGPA: 3.73, sGPA: 3.62, GRE: 328, Casper: 4th quartile, PCE: 2500 hrs (at time of application) HCE: 774 hrs, Shadowing: ~120 hrs (ortho PA, CV surg PA, functional med PA, peds MD) LOR: 1 PA, 2 MD, practice administrator for current job

Wow those are incredible stats! I'm glad you got an interview you clearly deserve it! Hope it all goes well for you thank you for sharing!

On 11/1/2022 at 1:49 PM, justanotherprePA22 said:

Just invited to interview 12/1, submitted early August. I was not expecting to hear back, but I am so incredibly grateful!

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that they are still sending out interview invites! Would you mind sharing you stats, if not that is ok! 

• Like 1