UTMB 2022-2023 Admissions Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

@Clariseta May I ask you if you paid the supplemental fee together with submitting the supplemental application? I don't see supplemental fee payment on their website that needs to be submitted prior to any supplemental application. Just checking! Thanks.

I am also anxious because it's almost a month since I submitted and verified my application in CASPA😬 but I haven't heard anything ....

38 minutes ago, MandyHTown said:

@Clariseta May I ask you if you paid the supplemental fee together with submitting the supplemental application? I don't see supplemental fee payment on their website that needs to be submitted prior to any supplemental application. Just checking! Thanks.

I am also anxious because it's almost a month since I submitted and verified my application in CASPA😬 but I haven't heard anything ....

If I remember correctly I believe I paid my fee when I submitted my supplemental application. I applied last year in early July and it did take a long time for them to send my supplemental application so I hope that gives you some comfort. This year I applied very early so I think maybe that is why they sent it faster to me. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 11:15 AM, Aimeeperryn said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience... Many of the things that you are sharing are concerning to me as an  applicant. I really hope that you and your fellow classmates make an effort to report this to the ARC-PA so that this program can be investigated.

Hi, what was this in regard to? I don't see an original post, but it makes me concerned to read it.

• Upvote 1

It looks like UTMB, UTSW, UNT, and UTHSA are all sending out invites to candidates with GPAs >3.90 for their first round of interviews on 9/9. I'm assuming after this first round, they will start going back through applications in the order they were received to send out additional invites....or at least I hope that's the case. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, nazadi said:

Thank you! And no, I don’t mind. 

cGPA: 3.48
sGPA: 3.45
Volunteer/leadership/extracurricular: 421 hrs   
HCE: 515 hrs
PCE: 1370 hrs
GRE: 304, writing 3.5
Shadowing: 120 hours 

Thank you so much for sharing this definitely give me some hope! Glad to hear that they are looking at applicants with GPAs lower than 3.9

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nazadi said:

Thank you! And no, I don’t mind. 

cGPA: 3.48
sGPA: 3.45
Volunteer/leadership/extracurricular: 421 hrs   
HCE: 515 hrs
PCE: 1370 hrs
GRE: 304, writing 3.5
Shadowing: 120 hours 

Congrats! I guess I stand corrected and they are sending out early invites to people with GPAs <3.9. When did you submit your application? 

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 11:59 AM, Marisa12 said:

I just want to double check--the supplemental application was just filling out the residency questionnaire and paying the $40 fee and no short answer essay questions right?

That’s all I did too. I was expecting to do a lot more! Lol