UTMB 2022-2023 Admissions Cycle

On 12/1/2022 at 10:27 AM, chspa1 said:

It says on their website that final decisions are made by December 5, so I believe they are done sending out interview invites

I'm not certain they are done sending out interview invites, but I think it is unlikely. They did tell us at my interview on 11/18 that they are running slightly behind this year and that the latest we would hear is by the Winter Holidays but it may be just before that.

58 minutes ago, cattynatty said:

Does anyone know any courses that can substitute for the general virology/immunology pre-req? I am struggling to find a course in my area. 

If you select the check-list at the bottom of the pre-reqs on the site, it will open a document that states the substitutes. I believe cell/molecular biology is accepted. Don't quote me though.

1 hour ago, aes0601 said:

I'm not certain they are done sending out interview invites, but I think it is unlikely. They did tell us at my interview on 11/18 that they are running slightly behind this year and that the latest we would hear is by the Winter Holidays but it may be just before that.

You mean the latest we would hear about an acceptance is by winter holidays? Or interviews?? I thought acceptances went out for a while 

hey y’all…i messaged the admissions email on the website since it’s past the december 5th deadline and I had not heard from the program after they sent the email stating my application was still in review. they responded this morning and told me that my application is still in review and the program is trying to complete final decisions by their winter break. hope this is helpful to anyone in the same boat or who has any questions about the timeline of things 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bellaPAschool said:

hey y’all…i messaged the admissions email on the website since it’s past the december 5th deadline and I had not heard from the program after they sent the email stating my application was still in review. they responded this morning and told me that my application is still in review and the program is trying to complete final decisions by their winter break. hope this is helpful to anyone in the same boat or who has any questions about the timeline of things 

i got the same response when i called! 

15 minutes ago, bellaPAschool said:

Just now, rayssss said:

i got the same response when i called! 

I called 2 weeks ago and emailed a week ago. Both with no response. Who did yall call/email?

just received an email that I was not able to receive admission or an interview. UTMB was one of my top choices & to say i’m disappointment is an understatement. however, to anyone in the same boat, just remember that’s the more common outcome of applying to such a competitive program. there is always next year! to those who are admitted: congratulations! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bellaPAschool said:

just received an email that I was not able to receive admission or an interview. UTMB was one of my top choices & to say i’m disappointment is an understatement. however, to anyone in the same boat, just remember that’s the more common outcome of applying to such a competitive program. there is always next year! to those who are admitted: congratulations! 

i also wasn’t given admission, but i interviewed in november. very disappointed, but that’s expected i guess as a first time applicant. i felt extremely good about the interview, so it was a little upsetting. crossing my fingers for my other programs!!! good luck to everyone 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...