17 hours ago, user5674836 said:

I haven't been told yet, but last year they sent decisions out in the first week of Nov. I assume since they say interviews are Sept-Nov, it will be the same this year! 

From my understanding, decisions will be sent the beginning of November.  So quite a long wait from interview to final decision...I'm sill waiting to hopefully get an interview.  But, I did submit rather late...I'm sure they are going through the stacks and stacks of applications by date (when both apps were received).  Fingers crossed!!  Being a single-mom, I'm pretty limited to the schools I can apply to.  Have to either be somewhat local or online/hybrid options...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrePAandMomingIt said:

Would those who have gotten an interview mind sharing their stats?  CGPA/SGPA/HCE Hours?  I'm sure many of us are curious as to where we stand among those who have already heard back.  🙂  Thanks!

Hi! I just interviewed today, these are my stats:

CGPA: 3.82

SGPA: 3.84

PCE: 1,264 at time of application submission

1 hour ago, PrePAandMomingIt said:

From my understanding, decisions will be sent the beginning of November.  So quite a long wait from interview to final decision...I'm sill waiting to hopefully get an interview.  But, I did submit rather late...I'm sure they are going through the stacks and stacks of applications by date (when both apps were received).  Fingers crossed!!  Being a single-mom, I'm pretty limited to the schools I can apply to.  Have to either be somewhat local or online/hybrid options...

And they're still sending out invites, don't be too stressed! You've got this!

I have an interview this week. My gpa is a 3.2 and I have almost 5,000 hours. They take a holistic approach too so for anyone with gpa’s on the lower side don’t feel discouraged because there is more to the application than your gpa! Wishing everyone luck, I know how stressful applications can be especially being on my second cycle but we will get in where we are meant to be! 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Pa2021a said:

I have an interview this week. My gpa is a 3.2 and I have almost 5,000 hours. They take a holistic approach too so for anyone with gpa’s on the lower side don’t feel discouraged because there is more to the application than your gpa! Wishing everyone luck, I know how stressful applications can be especially being on my second cycle but we will get in where we are meant to be! 

Thank you for sharing! I'm really nervous since my gpa isn't the best but I'm really hoping to have a chance here. Good luck on your interview-you got this!

• Like 1

when did you submit your application? if you don't mind me asking, it is very encouraging to see a gpa that is not 3.7+

On 9/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, Pa2021a said:

1 hour ago, AJprePA said:

when did you submit your application? if you don't mind me asking, it is very encouraging to see a gpa that is not 3.7+

I submitted late June, don’t remember the specific date on the top of my head! They also are extending interviews now-November so there’s still time to receive one! 

Hi everyone! I’m a current student at MUSC- I just wanted to come on here and remind you guys to not let this forum and seeing everyone’s updates get you down!! I remember this feeling from last year and know it’s so hard to sit and wait, but SO much can happen in the next few months and they still have so many invites to send out! Our classmates all had our interviews at different times, all across the timeline, and we all made it here. Don’t stress or let yourself compare yourself to everything you see on here! You got this! 😌

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chs614 said:

Hi everyone! I’m a current student at MUSC- I just wanted to come on here and remind you guys to not let this forum and seeing everyone’s updates get you down!! I remember this feeling from last year and know it’s so hard to sit and wait, but SO much can happen in the next few months and they still have so many invites to send out! Our classmates all had our interviews at different times, all across the timeline, and we all made it here. Don’t stress or let yourself compare yourself to everything you see on here! You got this! 😌

If I could pick your brain for a moment! Do you know what's the typical number of applicants interviewed for the 97 spots available?

22 hours ago, CarlitosPA said:

If I could pick your brain for a moment! Do you know what's the typical number of applicants interviewed for the 97 spots available?

I’m not sure about this year with 97 but last year I read on post and courier for 2017 when they accepted 60 into their class, they interviewed ~200 for it! https://www.postandcourier.com/health/as-physician-assistant-programs-proliferate-schools-find-trouble-training-students/article_2ecf44ec-c87e-11e7-9247-f7a40b595bbc.html

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pa2021a said:

I’m not sure about this year with 97 but last year I read on post and courier for 2017 when they accepted 60 into their class, they interviewed ~200 for it! https://www.postandcourier.com/health/as-physician-assistant-programs-proliferate-schools-find-trouble-training-students/article_2ecf44ec-c87e-11e7-9247-f7a40b595bbc.html

Awesome insight! Thank you for finding this!

On 9/18/2022 at 7:55 PM, CarlitosPA said:

Hey guys! Quick question for those who have interviewed, I'm wondering what to expect for the q and a session with the PA students.. did you find that to be pretty laid back? Or did you still dress formally and treat it like a faculty interview?

I found it to be very laid back & just an opportunity to ask the current students questions. I didn't notice that anyone was dressed formally. 

• Like 1