Campbell University (NC) Interviews 2012-2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey jackienguyen! Good luck on your applications! You know, I think it is actually the interview that really makes or breaks you. To be honest, we all have pretty similar stats...what they are looking for is whether or not your personality is a good fit for the program. So make sure you are relaxed, and be yourself! Be upbeat, be outgoing, try to make them laugh. ;)

BSBA in Marketing from UNCC

MBA with a concentration in health care management from ECU

Science GPA - 3.7

Total GPA - 3.5

Clinical hours (Phlebotomy, Medical Screener, EMT) - 3000+

GRE: Verbal: 162

Quantitative: 154

Writing: 4.5

Applied to 14 schools. Heard back from 8 so far, and all offered me interviews. Campbell was the second school I interviewed at, and I've canceled all my future interviews except for Duke (it's only two hours from my house, so I might as well). I really believe Campbell is the perfect fit for me, though. Let me know if you have any more questions!

• 3 weeks later...

Any work with CDC require MPH. Some research groups recruit MPH or biostatistician to their staff to get federal funding or approval for epidemiology or public health research. Also, makes you think beyond the scope of your patient (environmental factors, community trends/statistics, prevention & education, health policy). With the Affordable Care Act gradually getting implemented, public health will be huge and pre/post legislation research will be booming, offering unique opportunities to dual degree PAs.

Archived