West Coast University 2022-2023

On 10/22/2022 at 7:16 AM, HtownPA said:

Does anyone know if there are any tours of campus coming up? Or a session where they talk more about their program and what to expect as a student there?

If you email Taylor Allen with admissions, she can get you on an email list with the tour dates! I believe there is also a virtual tour somewhere on their website. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just interview today, Nov. 18. Honestly, my nerves got to me really bad and the first half was not the best. I am just worried because I really want to attend this school, but my interview was okay. Any advice on how to just stay calm while waiting for the results back? Did anyone felt like they messed up terribly on the interview and still got accepted?

On 11/18/2022 at 2:11 PM, ckn97 said:

Just interview today, Nov. 18. Honestly, my nerves got to me really bad and the first half was not the best. I am just worried because I really want to attend this school, but my interview was okay. Any advice on how to just stay calm while waiting for the results back? Did anyone felt like they messed up terribly on the interview and still got accepted?

I thought i did so bad when i interviewed. the whole interview took me only 20 min, and after it I curled up in bed and cried :(. I felt like my answers were so bad, and I kept repeating myself. I thought there was absolutely no way i got in, so I tried to push it out of my mind, and focused on making my application better for the next cycle, or thought about other schools. 4 weeks later, I got the acceptance email! I was so shocked cause I legit thought that the interviewers did not like my answers to the questions, since the interview was short. But after i got in, I toured campus and Taylor told me that the interviews are usually short because interviewers like to ask only a few questions. Plus, not hearing from them sooner really solidified my belief that I was getting rejected, so don't lose hope! you never know!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/21/2022 at 11:41 AM, usaPA said:

I thought i did so bad when i interviewed. the whole interview took me only 20 min, and after it I curled up in bed and cried :(. I felt like my answers were so bad, and I kept repeating myself. I thought there was absolutely no way i got in, so I tried to push it out of my mind, and focused on making my application better for the next cycle, or thought about other schools. 4 weeks later, I got the acceptance email! I was so shocked cause I legit thought that the interviewers did not like my answers to the questions, since the interview was short. But after i got in, I toured campus and Taylor told me that the interviews are usually short because interviewers like to ask only a few questions. Plus, not hearing from them sooner really solidified my belief that I was getting rejected, so don't lose hope! you never know!!

That is what I am hoping as well. I literally cried so much after. 😭 I really hope they give me a chance.

I have talked to several people who felt they bombed it then got accepted. I'm not going to lie and say ANYONE'S chances are that good this late in the interview cycle, but they absolutely will give you a chance, plus there will be people who withdraw leading to last minute acceptances. You have a chance! Always focus on what you can do now in the present: focus on other schools you can attend in this cycle, and continuing to do the things that will make you even better if there has to be another cycle next year. Once you've interviewed, there's not much you can do for a specific school. Try to let that be a relief rather than a stressor. You did your best with what you could do, and be proud of that! 

Edited by AFuturePAOkay
  • Like 1

Heyyyyy friends! Once you have been accepted, this post is for you! I have made a GroupMe as an unofficial place for matriculating students to chat. We can share it with any classmates we've met who might not see it posted here. Below is the link for accepted students that are planning to attend WCU; if you were accepted but are going to attend somewhere else, maybe you could create a group for your school instead! Thanks!
Please make a GroupMe account if you don't have one; it doesn't need to be your school email necessarily.

309047677_5249417905156309_8483434304208590591_n.thumb.jpg.453531b2563be35b02f0366ba852e0c6.jpg

8 hours ago, Ollie9 said:

Does anyone know how many spots are left? I know its late in the cycle. I interviewed on Nov 18th and just don't know how to feel. I felt good about my interview but I also don't want to have my hopes up.

I'm an accepted student, but I don't think anyone really knows how many spots are left. It's probably pretty hard to judge one person's chances since so many applicants get an interview. To be honest, you probably have the right attitude to not get your hopes up just based on the numbers, but you have at least as good a chance as anyone if you're feeling pretty good about the interview! Good luck! 

On 12/7/2022 at 7:36 AM, PrePa0710 said:

Don’t know the exact date. But I know it will be after the last interview. I was told last year it was sent dec 21st. 

Per my last email w/Taylor on Tuesday - the last 2 interviews are today, so hopefully they will send out alternate list rankings next week🤞🏼 here's hoping we get answers before Dec 21😅

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 11:20 AM, PAanon25 said:

what position are you if you dont mind me asking? i only got my rank but not how many people are on it😅 I'm pretty spooked considering the fact that someone said there was only 2 spots left

im 40..i think everyone who interviewed is on the WL which is really weird IMO, but I heard its ~200 ppl on the WL