University of Tampa: Application Cycle 2022-2023

6 hours ago, PrePAPiper said:

Omg how exciting - congratulations! Was he on a waitlist or was it a total surprise?

It was a total surprise! He missed the July deadline, after the 22nd of December rolled around and he didn’t hear anything we thought that was it. I emailed Admissions to ask if they would do a second round of invites if applicants declined their interview slots (being that it’s so late in the cycle and many have accepted other offers- did not mention his name or anything) and they replied kind of vaguely and said “All invites for this cycle have been sent out. If anyone declines we will act accordingly.” So I’m assuming someone declined and he got that spot! He was given until the 31st to RSVP (which he has) but if others went out on this round, I would assume the next round would be 1/01 or later if anyone declined or cancelled! I was accepted back in August so I’m excited for the prospect of us moving to Tampa and going to PA school together! Keep faith until the rejections come out and even then- July is right around the corner to apply again!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amanduh18 said:

It was a total surprise! He missed the July deadline, after the 22nd of December rolled around and he didn’t hear anything we thought that was it. I emailed Admissions to ask if they would do a second round of invites if applicants declined their interview slots (being that it’s so late in the cycle and many have accepted other offers- did not mention his name or anything) and they replied kind of vaguely and said “All invites for this cycle have been sent out. If anyone declines we will act accordingly.” So I’m assuming someone declined and he got that spot! He was given until the 31st to RSVP (which he has) but if others went out on this round, I would assume the next round would be 1/01 or later if anyone declined or cancelled! I was accepted back in August so I’m excited for the prospect of us moving to Tampa and going to PA school together! Keep faith until the rejections come out and even then- July is right around the corner to apply again!

Thank you so much - this gives me hope! This is my first cycle applying so I have a lot to learn about the process. Congratulations to you both! Keep us updated, please! 

So disappointed in this programs lack of communication! They can post on instagram about their interviews and yet not contact their applicants? At this point I don't care that I did not receive an interview, I care that my application wasn't important enough to them to even warrant receiving a denial.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VivPA said:

So disappointed in this programs lack of communication! They can post on instagram about their interviews and yet not contact their applicants? At this point I don't care that I did not receive an interview, I care that my application wasn't important enough to them to even warrant receiving a denial.

Do they not send rejections? It’s just.. nothing?

2 minutes ago, PrePAPiper said:

Like many other PA programs, seems like they send out rejections at the end of their cycle, when all final decisions have been made. During the interviews they let us know that accepted applicants are given a call by a certain date, then later come emails with waitlist notifications and rejections. They did an early decision deadline, but I'd assume that many applications submitted before July were still pushed over to the December deadline, which only had their interviews last week. All rejections may go out together it seems- regardless of application date. I think this is pretty common though, as I got rejections many months after I applied and never heard from the schools after getting the generic "your application has been received" email. Even accepted applicants from August haven't heard much from the school since our initial acceptance documentation.. it's expected that they are busy until the cycle is completed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrePAPiper said:

I haven't recieved a single correspondence since the initial 'we've received your application ' email, and I sent my application to be notified by the early decision deadline...disappointing to say the least and makes me think twice about resubmitting an application to this program. 

2 hours ago, Amanduh18 said:

Like many other PA programs, seems like they send out rejections at the end of their cycle, when all final decisions have been made. During the interviews they let us know that accepted applicants are given a call by a certain date, then later come emails with waitlist notifications and rejections. They did an early decision deadline, but I'd assume that many applications submitted before July were still pushed over to the December deadline, which only had their interviews last week. All rejections may go out together it seems- regardless of application date. I think this is pretty common though, as I got rejections many months after I applied and never heard from the schools after getting the generic "your application has been received" email. Even accepted applicants from August haven't heard much from the school since our initial acceptance documentation.. it's expected that they are busy until the cycle is completed. 

I am completely understanding of this as well but if as a program they decide to post about the end of the application cycle and still have yet to contact their total applicant pool, it is a tad irksome. 

22 hours ago, PhillyGator said:

Did your boyfriend get in? If not, I have to imagine he’s high on the waitlist. I don’t know who he was, but everybody that was at last week’s interview was SUPER impressive. 🤞

He was waitlisted.. number 17 so we’re pretty bummed! We thought we would get to go to PA school together at the same time but I guess it wasn’t in the cards.. the plan is to still move down together and he’s going to reapply in July, so only 6 months to go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amanduh18 said:

He was waitlisted.. number 17 so we’re pretty bummed! We thought we would get to go to PA school together at the same time but I guess it wasn’t in the cards.. the plan is to still move down together and he’s going to reapply in July, so only 6 months to go!

During the interview I remember one of the students explaining she was number 18 on the waitlist and never thought she would be selected and was thrilled that she was.  There is still a chance.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 1:00 PM, sfuturepa said:

I received a rejection email this morning and I applied in May. Almost a year of not hearing back from them, they rejected my application. Sad to hear but oh well.

Same here... the email said I did not meet "minimum requirements" however I know for a fact I did because I triple checked, and they said they wont give individualized feedback... not quite fair if you ask me.

• 2 months later...

Did anyone see the latest PANCE scores for U Tampa? Only a 76% pass rate compared to the national average of 92%. And this is down from the previous year which was 79%. They spent a lot of time at the interview talking about "improvements" they made to help boost students PANCE scores... Anyone have any ideas as to why they scored so low again this year?

• Upvote 1