University of Tampa: Application Cycle 2022-2023

18 hours ago, Amanduh18 said:

Has anyone received the official acceptance email with information on what to do next? Just want to make sure I don’t need to be checking my spam.. 

Also, should we create a FB group for the class? I am interested in finding a roommate in the program for a place in Tampa! 🙂

haven't gotten an email yet, but yes to the FB group!

20 hours ago, Amanduh18 said:

Has anyone received the official acceptance email with information on what to do next? Just want to make sure I don’t need to be checking my spam.. 

Also, should we create a FB group for the class? I am interested in finding a roommate in the program for a place in Tampa! 🙂

I agree!! A Facebook group would be nice 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure! This was my first time applying, I’m a non traditional applicant as my undergrad degree was in Latin American Studies and Medical Anthropology and I took most pre reqs after graduation while working. 

PACAT Scaled Score: 512 (average? Hardest test I’ve ever taken)

PreReq GPA: 3.9 

Volunteer Hours: About 800 in community vaccine drives, medical reserve corps, Big Brother Big Sister, Hospital volunteering

HCE: About 4,000. Medical scribe (various specialties) medical assistant in urgent care and podiatry, pharmacy technician, medical receptionist. Also a lot of other work experience, worked in retail/ customer service and also as a community engagement coordinator for a small business.

No research experience.

Out of state applicant (But UF graduate).

For the “preferences” I qualified for leadership because throughout college I worked full time jobs, I am a first generation student, and had enough direct patient care, work experience, and community service hours. 

I will say UT seemed to value professional applicants with work experience, a lot of current students were in their 30’s with military backgrounds. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 12:10 AM, Amanduh18 said:

Sure! This was my first time applying, I’m a non traditional applicant as my undergrad degree was in Latin American Studies and Medical Anthropology and I took most pre reqs after graduation while working. 

PACAT Scaled Score: 512 (average? Hardest test I’ve ever taken)

PreReq GPA: 3.9 

Volunteer Hours: About 800 in community vaccine drives, medical reserve corps, Big Brother Big Sister, Hospital volunteering

HCE: About 4,000. Medical scribe (various specialties) medical assistant in urgent care and podiatry, pharmacy technician, medical receptionist. Also a lot of other work experience, worked in retail/ customer service and also as a community engagement coordinator for a small business.

No research experience.

Out of state applicant (But UF graduate).

For the “preferences” I qualified for leadership because throughout college I worked full time jobs, I am a first generation student, and had enough direct patient care, work experience, and community service hours. 

I will say UT seemed to value professional applicants with work experience, a lot of current students were in their 30’s with military backgrounds. 

Thank you for this! Congrats again!