MBKU 2022-2023 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 7:14 PM, ssantiago8 said:

Hello! 

I am stuck with two supplemental questions about being a reapplicant and not having a competitive GPA? Both are asking what did I do to improve. I shadowed more PAs, took more classes, and volunteer. I don't know if I should be more descriptive for one of them. 

For the non-competitive GPA questions, I would talk about your grades and why you did poorly (personal reasons, bad study habits, poor time management, etc..). And what you did to improve. Whether that's re-taking classes, figuring out how to study, talking to your TA or professor more often, etc. Basically prove to them that you tried and will be a good student from here on out.

For the re-applicant question, I feel like you should focus on all the other stuff since the question above already talks about your grades. So mention if you shadowed more, worked more hours in your job to improve patient care skills, volunteered at a shelter and developed better understanding of needs of community, took the GRE, took more classes to learn more, etc.

I've been told that you should make use of the space they give you, so the more detailed, the better!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CaliPA91 said:

hey! Can anyone send me the link for the supplemental payment. I submitted my CASPA application today, but I still haven't received a link, and the supplemental payment is due by 8pm. I need the link to set up my account to pay, that's it. Thank you so much!! 

The link has to be sent by the school because you need an account with them to access the supplemental payment.

14 hours ago, Anonymoushelix said:

The link has to be sent by the school because you need an account with them to access the supplemental payment.

Hey, yes I was worried about this. Thank you for everyone who reached out and tried to send me their link. I was emailed back by admissions and the director, and so far everything is OK. I'm still waiting to confirm, but because my CASPA was in by the deadline, I can still submit my supplemental fee, as they didn't note otherwise. Hopefully I have a chance to interview. 

Loving this community, thank you so much! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CaliPA91 said:

Hey, yes I was worried about this. Thank you for everyone who reached out and tried to send me their link. I was emailed back by admissions and the director, and so far everything is OK. I'm still waiting to confirm, but because my CASPA was in by the deadline, I can still submit my supplemental fee, as they didn't note otherwise. Hopefully I have a chance to interview. 

Loving this community, thank you so much! 

yesssssssssssssss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalPrePa1 said:

Has anyone noticed if their portal says you still need to pay the supplemental even though you have already?

Front page on the website say its unpaid, but if u click the side links where it takes u to your profile it should say that its paid. Either way, i feel like if you have receipt of your payment then it shouldnt be a problem

This is what's in my portal:

Thank you for submitting the Supplemental Application fee!
You will be notified by email if you qualify for an interview invitation. If you are extended this invitation, you will be advanced to the next stage in the Portal where you will be able to sign up for an interview day and time. Interviews are typically conducted 1-2 Fridays or Saturdays in December through February. 

So confused when interviews start lol

5 minutes ago, chiprepa said:

You will be notified by email if you qualify for an interview invitation. If you are extended this invitation, you will be advanced to the next stage in the Portal where you will be able to sign up for an interview day and time. Interviews are typically conducted 1-2 Fridays or Saturdays in December through February. 

Oh dang very conflicting information LOL

6 minutes ago, chiprepa said:

I spoke to Leslie months ago. She said they are trying something new this year and will do interviews from October through December so interviewees don’t have to stress over the holiday season anymore. She didn’t give further details about how they’ll decide who gets an early interview date vs a later one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Nemo125 said:

I spoke to Leslie months ago. She said they are trying something new this year and will do interviews from October through December so interviewees don’t have to stress over the holiday season anymore. She didn’t give further details about how they’ll decide who gets an early interview date vs a later one. 

oh lit!!!