applying for 2013 cycle

Hi I'm new to the site. I just heard from Emory and am super excited, and a little nervous, to be interviewing on Feb 4th. Any suggestions or helpful hints from those of you who have already been?

Don't be nervous and don't over prepare. They were super nice and very laid back. You interview with several other people, but your questions are your questions so there is no competitiveness or craziness. Seriously, just plan on meeting a bunch of nice people, seeing a beautiful campus, and answering a few questions about yourself.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Super Duper. My interview with Emory was by far the most relaxed of any that I attended. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Be yourself and be confident in why you want to be a PA. The committee does not do anything to intentionally try to trip you up, so don't worry about that. I really felt like they wanted to get to know me, and the questions they asked were taken from my application. Good luck!

I agree with Super Duper. My interview with Emory was by far the most relaxed of any that I attended. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Be yourself and be confident in why you want to be a PA. The committee does not do anything to intentionally try to trip you up, so don't worry about that. I really felt like they wanted to get to know me, and the questions they asked were taken from my application. Good luck!

Thank you G Marie and Super Duper! I am actually very excited about this opportunity. I go through moments of complete relaxation and moments of utter panic when I think about this interview :) I am confident in my desire to be a PA and that Emory would be a great fit for me- I just hope that I can show them who I am and what a great fit we would both be for each other!

I received my interview letter on 1/10/13 for my interview date of 2/11/13 - anyone else on this thread scheduled for that date?

Hey! Congrats on your upcoming interview! I will also be interviewing on the 11th. As I have done w/ another interview, I would be excited to meet with you or anyone else the night before for an early dinner. I think getting to know a few people the night before goes a long way toward your comfortability level on D-Day! :)

Anyone interested in meeting the night before please PM me and I will get you my cell number.

Congratulations! Where you coming from? Ill be in town all weekend up from Florida getting a feel for the area and staying with a student host the night before.

I'm coming from Oregon for the weekend, and staying with family. I fly in Saturday and out on Tuesday. Have you visited the campus before?

Yes- it is beautiful, have you? My brother graduated undergrad from Emory 10 years ago and I remember spending time with him there when I was younger and wishing I would go to school there too one day...I also went to one of the PA open Houses they held last summer to get more information about the program and get a better feel for campus as an adult. I'm driving up tomorrow and will be staying with family friends until Sunday night when I opted to stay with a student host. I am excited, a little nervous and very ready for this interview. How are you feeling about it?

Yes- it is beautiful, have you? My brother graduated undergrad from Emory 10 years ago and I remember spending time with him there when I was younger and wishing I would go to school there too one day...I also went to one of the PA open Houses they held last summer to get more information about the program and get a better feel for campus as an adult. I'm driving up tomorrow and will be staying with family friends until Sunday night when I opted to stay with a student host. I am excited, a little nervous and very ready for this interview. How are you feeling about it?

Everything I've seen about it looks beautiful. It was a little far for me to attend any of the open houses. I'm excited, and feel ready, though I've been in midterms this week and have a cold, so I could be more prepared.

Just to clarify - confirmed with Fran the adcom meeting that was originally to be held on Feb 1st was postponed until Feb 22nd. Terry was out of town on my interview date (Jan 23rd) and my group was still told the meeting would be held on the 1st but that was a miscommunication. Hopefully everyone else was aware! Now a few more weeks to wait :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived