Hi all,

I am a newly graduated PA awaiting to take my PANCE and receive my license, etc. I recently (today) interviewed for a position with Carenow, an urgent care franchise in the DFW area in Texas, and was hoping to get some input/feedback on whether or not it is worth considering/accepting. They will be scheduling for my second interview soon but here is the gist of what's been offered/discussed so far...

Base offer: 40.89/hr (~85000/yr on a 40 hr work wk) Full time is considered 35hr/wk with the assumption that we'll most likely be working over that amount most of the time.

Incentive days: required to work at least 2 "high volume" days/yr for $15/hr extra.

Winter holiday time requirement: weeknights differential - $5/hr extra and weekends differential: $15/hr extra.

CME allowances: $1250 and 40hrs CME time off

Expected average pt volume (after some months): 3.0 patient/hr

Quarterly reviews are done along opportunity for quarterly bonuses

Just from doing some research, this seems to be a fairly busy clinic so I'll expect to be busting some real behind once signed on. As a new grad I'm trying not to be too greedy with the pay, but it seems kind of low for the high volume work I'll be expected to produce, doesn't it?

No real talk of benefits just yet, I suppose they are saving that for the second interview...?

Any thoughts? I'd like to maybe negotiate for more but I wanted to see if I'll just be shooting for something that's unlikely here. And if I should ask for more, what would be reasonable?

Thanks in advance for any help!!! =)

pay actually sounds ok. with the differentials you will probably make 100k first year out. not too many folks do that.

cme is a bit low.

will you be alone there or with an experienced provoider? solo as a new grad is not a good idea.

make sure you get medical/dental/vision/malpractice/dea/state license fees.

overall sounds ok so far if you are not alone.

Archived