"PAsRock.com"

I got a FB message about this new website (at least, new to me)

http://www.pasrock.com/

A mixture of PA articles, "how to become a PA" info, blog posts, and a discussion forum

Of course I am biased and can't imagine a need for "another" PA forum, but we'll see how it grows.

Anyone seen this site before?

Is it associated with the AAPA?

Any of the site's owners visit this forum? Are you out there?

Interested to hear the background of creating this new site, from onw forum to another....

it's an aapa site. look at the bottom of the page:

© Copyright American Academy of Physician Assistants

wonder if they are trying to draw folks away from here and other free thinking sites like clinician1.

bet they won't have a name change thread over there....or anything which calls the integrity of the bod of the aapa into question....

I will only bother if they actually get anyone to sign up. the forums only have 1 topic and 1 post so doesn't look like much of a readership as of now....I'm guessing the threads will also be censored by the aapa mods...I can't imagine that they would allow a pro-name change poll there showing 80% of folks in favor for example.....

• Administrator
^ that would be very shrewd of them. gotta chuckle at them trying to use the vernacular that they think the "youth" would use. "PA's ROCK!". im surprised its not "pasarerad.com".

Someone should register "PAsaregroovy.com" and redirect it to their site just to mock them. Someone paypal me the $50 and I'll do it, since I already own a couple of domain names... ;-)

Yeah I saw that; I wasn't sure if the whole thing was AAPA or just that "event banner" at the bottom

The site definitely has an AAPA vibe

and.....

looking at the registered members/authors:

Biancha Belcher- SAAAPA Advocacy & Government Affairs Commission Student Representative

Harrison Reed- SAAAPA Director of Student Communications

Janette Rodrigues- Managing Editor, Publications, American Academy of Physician Assistants

"mcginnity"- likely John McGinnity, AAPA DAL

J. Leocadia Conlon- AAPA director of Quality Improvement Initiatives

"pdunne" - Patrick Dunne, AAPA's senior manager of communications

oh and Jenna Dorn.....

etc......

good to know your sources......

• Administrator
$50? Is that how much it costs? I thought I registered PAMACiscool.com through godaddy for a lot less. (pamacrocks.com seems to have a hidden message).

I have no idea how much Godaddy costs--they supported SOPA, so they are dead to me. I use a reputable registrar, and an initial 2 year registration for a .com is $44.95, I think, so less the paypal fees, $50 is a pretty good round number.

:=D:

That would be GREAT....!!!!

I got "fiddy" on dat..

Who do I send it to...???

:heheh:

REV RONIN could probably make it happen....

wouldn't that be great...an official aapa site with "pa's are not assistants" as a way to get there...:)

You also wouldn't believe the look you get from your wife when you tell her how much you have to pay to get a scale model of a wind turbine.

Is it like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/900W-12V-WIND-GENERATOR-WIND-TURBINE-GUDCRAFT-WM900-2012-MODEL-/200712010790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebb5e3c26#ht_2646wt_957 I would have more than a look for my boyfriend if he bought that! :smile:

Archived