Tentative Timeline From 2020 - 2021 Cycle's thread

July 13, 2020                   Just got an interview invite!

Received an interview this evening for August 1st!

August 7, 2020                 I just got my acceptance!

I was waitlisted around the same time.

August 17, 2020               I receive an email today with an invitation for an interview on Aug. 29.

August 31, 2020              I was waitlisted from the 8/29 interview

September 9, 2020         Received a interview for 9/26

September 28, 2020       I got waitlisted   /   Got my acceptance today

October 20, 2020           Got accepted off the waitlist last night!

November 16, 2020        Just got accepted off the waitlist!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2021 at 12:47 PM, jljones331 said:

I got the email June 15th that my app was being forwarded to the admissions committee for review. Has anyone else heard anything? I guess according to last years timeline interviews should hopefully be going out this week? 

I also received that email, but that's all I have heard so far. 

I was recently told the following by Deborah Sproles (Asst. Dir. of Admissions) : "Typically, we begin interviews mid to late August.  We have multiple interview days throughout the cycle.  Applicants who are invited to interview will receive an invitation 2-4 weeks prior to the interview date. " 

I know this may not seem like it's the case based on the previous timelines posted from other threads on the forum, but this was just stated recently as of June 15, 2021. 

There is a drop-in information session for the MDCHS program this week, Thursday, July 22 at 12:00-1:00pmEST. Here is the link to join the session when it begins.  (Just click that sentence to launch the session). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm not really finding that timeline on this thread to be helpful, it doesn't make much sense to me. Are those dates all from random people? Are they from the same person? I don't think we can even go by it at all since they're obviously running on a completely different schedule now. 

Just now, aha1991 said:

What are everyone's current thoughts on folks who haven't gotten an interview invite? 

Seeming to me like if we haven't heard anything yet that we are not getting an invite... 

My thought process is they sent them out later than usual. So maybe wait until mid sept to be disappointed lol 😭 I'm trying to keep my spirits up

1 hour ago, aha1991 said:

What are everyone's current thoughts on folks who haven't gotten an interview invite? 

Seeming to me like if we haven't heard anything yet that we are not getting an invite... 

definitely not the case. They send out more than one round of invites every year. I definitely don’t think that’s it. They’re definitely running on a later timeline than in the past.  Keep your heads high y’all! We’re just getting started! 

20 hours ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Just wondering. I got an interview Thursday after noon.  I responded but haven't heard anything since.  Should I reply again or wait. Interveiw is on Friday. 

As long as you responded to the interview offer email you received you should be fine. I would give them another day at least. 

11 minutes ago, aha1991 said:

It looks like last year interviews were on a Saturday and people received offers/waitlists the following Monday...hoping that we all hear something today!!

Hey I noticed that same thing!! But I swear I remembered them saying we would definitely know something by October ...!?! I really hope they follow the same sort of pattern as in prior years. They have another interview session this week from my understanding. We should have specifically asked for like a potential timeline or something. 

2 minutes ago, aha1991 said:

oooof...no notice until Oct with a Jan start date is a quick/difficult move, especially for folks with families.  Hoping we hear back sooner.  

I 1000% agree with you. That’s super late notice. Can you imagine the people pulled from waitlists the week before classes though. I’m hoping we know at least a little something really soon. 

by the way, best of luck to those of you with interviews this week. This program and the faculty are just wonderful and seriously want to get to know you as a person. The interviewer you’ll have hasn’t seen your entire application, so they’re blind and are just trying to see if you’re a good match for them. Be yourself! 

After re-reviewing last year's thread, it seems pretty common to find out an admission status in October-November. However, there are many instances in previous years in which people found out their statuses within approximately 3 to 6 days following their interview. I know were all definitely hoping to hear something much sooner than later 🤞

• Thanks 1