5 minutes ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Is it common for them not to respond to the "yes email" for an interview. I want to send another email in the same thread but don't want to be annoying if thats usually how it goes. Just nervous here is all. Did yall receive a reply to your yes email? 

Thanks guys. Wishing everyone the best! Gods got a plan for all of us! 

Hey there! Yes, I did receive a reply to accepting the interview offer. As long as you replied you should be good. If you want to reach out again and ensure that they received it,  I don't think that is annoying at all - it's understandable that you'd be concerned and want to be sure that they received your response. Is today your deadline to reply?

19 minutes ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Thank you! I went ahead and replied again to the same email letting them know I do want to accept the offer. I didnt have a deadline to accept though. It just said respond ASAP. Gosh I really hope I still get this interview! How was your interview though!? Did you do well?! 

I don't see any reason you wouldn't get the opportunity to interview. You've got this! I'm honestly not sure how well or not so well I did, personally. I know they say we're all our own worst critics, but I feel like I could have answered some of the questions I was asked in a better way. Who doesn't think like that though every now and then after interviews? I'm trying to stay confident in myself...I'm definitely having some doubts though. I'm pretty nervous and can't wait to hear any sort of update, hopefully sooner than later! 

I hope you do well on your interview day! I love this program and I really can't imagine a better fit for myself. For some reason I just felt like I had difficulty articulating my thoughts that day. Can't change the past! Currently trying not to compulsively refresh my email for an update...🙃

10 minutes ago, mfcfpa said:

I don't see any reason you wouldn't get the opportunity to interview. You've got this! I'm honestly not sure how well or not so well I did, personally. I know they say we're all our own worst critics, but I feel like I could have answered some of the questions I was asked in a better way. Who doesn't think like that though every now and then after interviews? I'm trying to stay confident in myself...I'm definitely having some doubts though. I'm pretty nervous and can't wait to hear any sort of update, hopefully sooner than later! 

I hope you do well on your interview day! I love this program and I really can't imagine a better fit for myself. For some reason I just felt like I had difficulty articulating my thoughts that day. Can't change the past! Currently trying not to compulsively refresh my email for an update...🙃

I bet you did way better than you think you did! But yes I completely understand how you feel. 

Im so nervous! Ahhh lol  is it a 1 on 1 interview? 

So excited for this upcoming class! 

21 minutes ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

I bet you did way better than you think you did! But yes I completely understand how you feel. 

Im so nervous! Ahhh lol  is it a 1 on 1 interview? 

So excited for this upcoming class! 

Thanks, I hope so!
It is 1 on 1. two interviews & student q&a session. 

I’m excited too, I can’t wait for some sort of update. Hoping for positive outcomes! 

27 minutes ago, mfcfpa said:

Thanks, I hope so!
It is 1 on 1. two interviews & student q&a session. 

I’m excited too, I can’t wait for some sort of update. Hoping for positive outcomes! 

1 thing i watched on a review of interviews is send a thank you email! Maybe you'll hear great news after u do that! 🥰😊

Ok last question! I'm sorry for bugging you 😅 

I took your advice and sent a second response! Hehe. And they just sent me to confirmation yay! 

It said I will receive 4 Google meets and I need to click them all to make sure I'm registered to attend. ... when will I get those? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

1 thing i watched on a review of interviews is send a thank you email! Maybe you'll hear great news after u do that! 🥰😊

Ok last question! I'm sorry for bugging you 😅 

I took your advice and sent a second response! Hehe. And they just sent me to confirmation yay! 

It said I will receive 4 Google meets and I need to click them all to make sure I'm registered to attend. ... when will I get those? 

You are so not bothering anyone, I love helping others and sharing information when I can with the application process. It’s such a nerve racking time for all of us. When you get the links which should like super soon after they respond to you - click each email and RSVP “yes” on each one. You’ll see the exact times on the emails and it will show what time the “welcome” session is, then you will see 2 separate emails each with their own time frames labeled interview 1 & interview 2, then a fourth email labeled with a time for the student q&a. 

I’m so glad the second response worked for you and they sent you the additional information!!! If you haven’t received the invites to accept yet you will probably get them tomorrow I would guess. 

so, on the other thing - the thank you email - I have mixed feelings about it haha. I’m like do you send it to the specific individual you interviewed with? To the general admissions department? Also, is it just annoying and unnecessary, and how long should we wait to send them if at all? ...I’m assuming it varies from program to program. 

3 hours ago, mfcfpa said:

You are so not bothering anyone, I love helping others and sharing information when I can with the application process. It’s such a nerve racking time for all of us. When you get the links which should like super soon after they respond to you - click each email and RSVP “yes” on each one. You’ll see the exact times on the emails and it will show what time the “welcome” session is, then you will see 2 separate emails each with their own time frames labeled interview 1 & interview 2, then a fourth email labeled with a time for the student q&a. 

I’m so glad the second response worked for you and they sent you the additional information!!! If you haven’t received the invites to accept yet you will probably get them tomorrow I would guess. 

so, on the other thing - the thank you email - I have mixed feelings about it haha. I’m like do you send it to the specific individual you interviewed with? To the general admissions department? Also, is it just annoying and unnecessary, and how long should we wait to send them if at all? ...I’m assuming it varies from program to program. 

Yes this time is so so stressful for all of us! 

Im not sure what's going on, I didnt get the follow up emails that I need to confirm. Im hoping they are sent tomorrow, if not I'll be responding again to get them 😬 

Hmm did you meet all the staff?  I watched a video that said send to each one that you were interviewed by. But if it was everyone then ....   im not sure. 

If I were to send it I wouldn't wait longer than a few days to say thank you. 

54 minutes ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Yes this time is so so stressful for all of us! 

Im not sure what's going on, I didnt get the follow up emails that I need to confirm. Im hoping they are sent tomorrow, if not I'll be responding again to get them 😬 

Hmm did you meet all the staff?  I watched a video that said send to each one that you were interviewed by. But if it was everyone then ....   im not sure. 

If I were to send it I wouldn't wait longer than a few days to say thank you. 

Yeah, I would think you would get them by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. 

So, when you receive the interview information you'll get a link to the pre-interview videos to review and there is a prerecorded video on there that introduces you to all of the staff. But your actual interviews will only be with two specific staff members. I'm not sure if sending them personal, separate thank you letters is appropriate since they didn't technically provide their personal contact information during the interview day(although it's not hard to find). However, I think if anyone was to send a "thank you" maybe it should be sent generally to the admissions email? Or to Deborah Sproles that sends and responds to most of our inquiries revolving around admissions topics. 

And see this is where I'm thinking slightly differently, the timeframe. I think if we haven't heard anything past 7 to 14 days then it would be reasonable to reach out, and a thank you email would be an appropriate way to do so. Most previous threads say that they told them they would hear within 2 weeks of interviewing. I don't recall them telling us a specific timeframe, but I went through all of the previous years threads...I know a bit crazy...I can't be the only one...anyways, I went through them and it seems on average that most candidates heard back within approximately 3 to 6 days (give or take) of their statuses following interviews. (I may or may not have literally made an entire table showing the info..) 

10 hours ago, mfcfpa said:

Yeah, I would think you would get them by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. 

So, when you receive the interview information you'll get a link to the pre-interview videos to review and there is a prerecorded video on there that introduces you to all of the staff. But your actual interviews will only be with two specific staff members. I'm not sure if sending them personal, separate thank you letters is appropriate since they didn't technically provide their personal contact information during the interview day(although it's not hard to find). However, I think if anyone was to send a "thank you" maybe it should be sent generally to the admissions email? Or to Deborah Sproles that sends and responds to most of our inquiries revolving around admissions topics. 

And see this is where I'm thinking slightly differently, the timeframe. I think if we haven't heard anything past 7 to 14 days then it would be reasonable to reach out, and a thank you email would be an appropriate way to do so. Most previous threads say that they told them they would hear within 2 weeks of interviewing. I don't recall them telling us a specific timeframe, but I went through all of the previous years threads...I know a bit crazy...I can't be the only one...anyways, I went through them and it seems on average that most candidates heard back within approximately 3 to 6 days (give or take) of their statuses following interviews. (I may or may not have literally made an entire table showing the info..) 

Goodness im sure the lady is super annoyed with me 😭  I got over zealous and went ahead and emailed saying I didn't get the 4 confirmation emails. But its all good. Now I know I'll get them by tomorrow  😅 

Ya know i would probably send the email to each one including her saying thank you within a week. Just look up their info since its easy to find 

Thats awesome they will give a response so quick! 2 weeks isn't terrible. Maybe im the last wave of interviews and them they'll do them idk just a thought! 

I've been watching the welcome videos and im sooo excited about this school. I never realized how perfect a school could be for my specific needs! Anyways keep me posted! Good luck! What is ment to be will be ! 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Goodness im sure the lady is super annoyed with me 😭  I got over zealous and went ahead and emailed saying I didn't get the 4 confirmation emails. But its all good. Now I know I'll get them by tomorrow  😅 

Ya know i would probably send the email to each one including her saying thank you within a week. Just look up their info since its easy to find 

Thats awesome they will give a response so quick! 2 weeks isn't terrible. Maybe im the last wave of interviews and them they'll do them idk just a thought! 

I've been watching the welcome videos and im sooo excited about this school. I never realized how perfect a school could be for my specific needs! Anyways keep me posted! Good luck! What is ment to be will be ! 🙂

Hey it's completely okay! At least you're staying on top of things 🙂 I totally agree though, this is probably one of my favorite programs I have ever looked into. I wouldn't think you're the "last wave", it seems like they interview even into the months of Fall. I'm excited for you!! Best of luck! 

Congrats to everyone who has gotten waitlisted or excepted!! Can someone who has gone through the interview process give me a little advice? 

My interview is tomorrow and im anxious and trying to prepare, but I have no idea how the student Q&A is gonna be like?  Is it current students asking questions the whole time or like how is that? 

Thanks! 

27 minutes ago, FuturePAstudent11 said:

Congrats to everyone who has gotten waitlisted or excepted!! Can someone who has gone through the interview process give me a little advice? 

My interview is tomorrow and im anxious and trying to prepare, but I have no idea how the student Q&A is gonna be like?  Is it current students asking questions the whole time or like how is that? 

Thanks! 

The student Q&A is a few students answering questions sent in via chat box from the interviewees. They ask you to mute your mic.  

As for the interview itself, just be yourself.  I didn't think there were any curveball questions. I'd say brush up on common interview questions and practice speaking calmly and not sounding rattled.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FuturePA20210 said:

Just heard back from 10/23 interview and was waitlisted. Congrats to the accepted applicants! Does anyone know how their waitlist works and how fast you hear back? It'd be nice to get early notice since their program starts in January.

From what I remember they give accepted students 10 business days to submit their deposit, if they don’t within that timeframe they lose their spot. So I would think they start offering acceptances to waitlisted people in a few weeks. I do know that some people have gotten off the waitlist within a week of classes starting, so it really can happen at any time…I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you get that acceptance email!!!