Franklin Pierce 2021-2022

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got an email saying my application passed the first base-line review and is in-line for a more in depth review by faculty. 

Next…  “You will receive a status update by email, either inviting you for one of the interview sessions, or letting you know that your application is no longer being considered.” 🤯🥴

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MPAPA said:

Got an email saying my application passed the first base-line review and is in-line for a more in depth review by faculty. 

Next…  “You will receive a status update by email, either inviting you for one of the interview sessions, or letting you know that your application is no longer being considered.” 🤯🥴

I received this email too. Hoping we all get some good news soon! 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, deebs30 said:

Got an email yesterday stating that I was not selected for an interview. You win some, you lose some. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!

Ugh I am sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, when did you get the email stating your application had passed the first base-line review?

• 3 weeks later...

All I have to say is, save your coins and pick anywhere else. The desolate location is not worth it. For obscure reasons, they no longer have a partnership with Dartmouth. They’re struggling to retain students and maintain adequate staffing —which could hurt their accreditation…again. The remaining staff don’t really care about training future P.A.s, they just want to climb the academic ladder and wear the ‘big hat’ even though the program continues to lose preclinical sites.

This rural program requires an 83% to advance through courses, offers no additional aid or measures to help students meet this high pass bar. Then if you can’t obtain an 83%, students are forced to decelerate, restart the program all over again, and that 83% needed to pass originally becomes an 87%. Still, without any resources or guidance to help students succeed.

Finding additional resources out there is no easy feat, and unfortunately the ’staff’ are not willing to help either.

You could lean on the cohort, but unfortunately mine gave off the ‘every man for themselves’ vibe— which is supported by the remaining staff.

Oh and “no,” financial aid does not cover repeated coursework that you’ve already passed—even though this program requires students to take them again and get 87s in them.

Overall, it is a disappointing program.

It’s been 6 years since this post and things have just gotten worse.

renderTimingPixel.png